Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Advertisement Create a free account Compendium in Game, Join Today

Forbidden Lands sheet beta

Hey! First of all, thanks a lot for all the work that you've done on that Character Sheet! It's an incredible help! Second, I've got a question :) I noticed that, when the Skill's dice pool is negative, rolling the Sheet dices would display purple dices while the dices API would not display Skill dices rolls at all. Does that mean that with the dices API you are directly handling the substraction rule of FBL and thus you don't need to display the rolls or is it that the negative pool isn't supported with the dices API?
1592784978
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you and good question Alex.  The sheet's dice roller handles up to (or down to...) -3 purple dice.  I can't really comment on the API roller since it was written by someone else.  Jens A.  said: The API-die-roller has been updated now with the bugfix. Maybe Jens can comment? I'll do a little investigating and post back.
Thanks for posting that template fields map. I have finally gotten around to building some Rollable Tables/Macros and it was a big help. I found the shield1-name to by my favorite for presenting data! So far I have the Treasure Tables (with small chance for oddities), Journey Mishaps, Magic Mishaps, Typical NPCs (randomly generates occupation, characteristics, quirks, rolls coins, and generates any treasure finds), Stronghold Tables, and the Critical Tables created. Here is an example of a Journey Mishap and an NPC (name is upper left open the associated Journal sheet too!) .
1593562156
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Matthias W. said: Thanks for posting that template fields map. I have finally gotten around to building some Rollable Tables/Macros and it was a big help. I found the shield1-name to by my favorite for presenting data! So far I have the Treasure Tables (with small chance for oddities), Journey Mishaps, Magic Mishaps, Typical NPCs (randomly generates occupation, characteristics, quirks, rolls coins, and generates any treasure finds), Stronghold Tables, and the Critical Tables created. Here is an example of a Journey Mishap and an NPC (name is upper left open the associated Journal sheet too!) Wow.  You've been busy.  Nice work.
How did you get the ----- lines in the template? It's a clean look. Same with the center justification?
1594016655

Edited 1594016676
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Forbidden Lands v1.73 update Brazilian Portuguese translation added (thank you Teuri) needed to change html data-i18n and translation,json to differentiate the use of "melee" as a skill vs melee as a range increment. updated all language files to include new keys
1594392901

Edited 1594393063
Hello there, I posted this a few days back but doesn't seem to have appeared! Thank you for all the wonderful work on this and just adding a +1 to the idea of including a 'Weapons' section on the Monster Character Sheet. It'd make a few use-cases easier (for example: Animals with Movement>1 whilst still wanting the simpler sheet; Humanoids with Strength>6 etc.).
1594408516
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Adding a toggleable(show/hide) weapons section to the Monster tab is on the list... ;-)
1594785202

Edited 1594785300
Michael Drueen said: How did you get the ----- lines in the template? It's a clean look. Same with the center justification? For the centered look, just use the shield1-name template field. That one seems to be best suited for presenting a large amount of text. Good font size, doesn't create a scrolling box, centered. Example: &{template:forbiddenlands} {{character_name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=Blunt Force}} {{shield1-name= [[ 1t[Blunt-Force] ]]}} The Horizontal line is just ---------------------------------- in the macro on it's own line. I have started using Recursivetable to do inline rolls from Rollable Tables and have found that the !rt call doubles up any hard returns in a macro. Sort of throws the presentation off, but Aaron said he was looking at that. I got around to completing all the other macros and tables...just Demons left to go. Here are a few more examples. I wrote a lengthy macro that spits out a Party Health check - showing stats, willpower, encumbrance levels, and status of armor. Mainly just for me (GM) for a quick overview. Also finished all the encounter tables with links to monsters, a legends generator, and even tweaked Kirsty's Multi-World Calendar for Ravenland (using the Raven's Reckoning Free League Workshop PDF for lunar cycles and all that). 
The rules state: For encumbrance, each type of consumable counts as one item, no matter what your current Resource Die is. When you lose your last Resource Die for a particular consumable, this consumable no longer counts toward your encumbrance at all. Ever any thought of adding another row to the encumbrance calc that adds one for each consumable with a die associated with it? I suppose you then need to define where those consumables are - carried or mount. Maybe just easier to add a Consumables line to Gear and set the number accordingly. My players have been getting away with not accounting for consumables for far too long!
Fantastic work!! I'm going to bug you for your script for the calendar and party status next week once I'm back home.
1594857304
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
Matthias W. said: The rules state: For encumbrance, each type of consumable counts as one item, no matter what your current Resource Die is. When you lose your last Resource Die for a particular consumable, this consumable no longer counts toward your encumbrance at all. Ever any thought of adding another row to the encumbrance calc that adds one for each consumable with a die associated with it? I suppose you then need to define where those consumables are - carried or mount. Maybe just easier to add a Consumables line to Gear and set the number accordingly. My players have been getting away with not accounting for consumables for far too long! Including weight for consumables is still on my list. ;-)
1595626624
Frank
Plus
@Matthius Would you be kind enough to share your script for the calendar and health check? 
Frank - You can find those details on his FB FL post: <a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10220775591758349&amp;set=pcb.1120483975018427" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10220775591758349&amp;set=pcb.1120483975018427</a>
Party Check Macro looks something like this. Replace CHARACTER1/CHARACTER2 with actual character names. Remove the @{CHARACTER1|mount_name}: @{CHARACTER1|mount_encumbrance}/[[@{CHARACTER1|mount_carry}&nbsp;line if character is not using a mount that carries items. Repeat as needed. /w gm&nbsp; &amp;{template:forbiddenlands} {{name=Party Check}} {{shield1-name= ---------------------------------- CHARACTER1&nbsp;&nbsp;(@{CHARACTER1|experience} XP) ---------------------------------- Strength: @{CHARACTER1|strength_total}/@{CHARACTER1|strength}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Agility: @{CHARACTER1|agility_total}/@{CHARACTER1|agility} Wits: @{CHARACTER1|wits_total}/@{CHARACTER1|wits}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Empathy: @{CHARACTER1|empathy_total}/@{CHARACTER1|empathy} Willpower: @{CHARACTER1|willpower}&nbsp; &nbsp; Encumbrance: @{CHARACTER1|character_encumbrance}/[[@{CHARACTER1|carry}]] @{CHARACTER1|armor1_name}: @{CHARACTER1|armor1_bonus}/@{CHARACTER1|armor1_bonus|max}&nbsp; &nbsp; @{CHARACTER1|armor2_name}: @{CHARACTER1|armor2_bonus}/@{CHARACTER1|armor2_bonus|max} @{CHARACTER1|mount_name}: @{CHARACTER1|mount_encumbrance}/[[@{CHARACTER1|mount_carry}]] ---------------------------------- CHARACTER2&nbsp;&nbsp;(@{CHARACTER2|experience} XP) ---------------------------------- Strength: @{CHARACTER2|strength_total}/@{CHARACTER2|strength}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Agility: @{CHARACTER2|agility_total}/@{CHARACTER2|agility} Wits: @{CHARACTER2|wits_total}/@{CHARACTER2|wits}&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Empathy: @{CHARACTER2|empathy_total}/@{CHARACTER2|empathy} Willpower: @{CHARACTER2|willpower}&nbsp; &nbsp;Encumbrance: @{CHARACTER2|character_encumbrance}/[[@{CHARACTER2|carry}]] @{CHARACTER2|armor1_name}: @{CHARACTER2|armor1_bonus}/@{CHARACTER2|armor1_bonus|max}&nbsp; &nbsp; @{CHARACTER2|armor2_name}: @{CHARACTER2|armor2_bonus}/@{CHARACTER2|armor2_bonus|max} @{CHARACTER2|mount_name}: @{CHARACTER2|mount_encumbrance}/[[@{CHARACTER2|mount_carry}]] }}
1598627522
So, I know you want to have this sheet as close to the original as possible but I was thinking of yet another consumable slot, one for fuel for the camp fire. Could come in handy now when the Bitter Reaches is out. If people would want to keep track of both fuel and torches separately. What do you guys think?
1598631257
∇ince
Pro
Sheet Author
I will probably add a repeating consumables section. ;-)