Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't figure out how the "All in one" macro or EasyExperience API script works

Hey there, I'm a little new to all this and I'm having difficulty implementing the EasyExperience script. When I run the macro (posted below), I get a "No attribute was found for @{selected|xp}. I've tried selected the monster token that was defeated but that doesn't resolve the error. Can someone explain how this macro should be used in a real example? Am I to click on the monster token(s) that were defeated and then click the macro or do I need to click select the player character tokens before selecting the macro. I think I'd rather two macros, one for adding experience to the session pool after a wave of enemies are defeated and then one for ending the session and awarding exp to players. I'm running a D&D 5e game with the D&D 5e Roll20 character sheets. /w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title= Easy Experience}} {{content= Selected Token [Token](!xp challenge @{selected|xp} ?{How many|1} ) Manual [Manual](!xp challenge ?{How much|0} ) End of Session [Session](!xp session) }}
OK, I got this working by combining EazyExperience with DeathTracker. With both of these, setting a NPCs health to 0 would put a big red X (DeathTracker) which EasyExperience then notices and posts "TokenName has died, do you want to award XXxp?" - click the button to add the xp to the xp pool, and click end session at the end of the session to split xp. I played around with the config a little to get it working properly (e.g. I have some system character sheets shared with the players - I had to disable these in the EE config). It's working very well for me though - no need for any additional macros at all. I am using a WotC module with all tokens pre-setup, though it should work with anything dragged from the compendium. If you are creating your NPCs from scratch probably just be careful that you're filling in everything in the NPCs settings.
Adam H. said: I'm running a D&amp;D 5e game with the D&amp;D 5e Roll20 character sheets. /w gm &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{title= Easy Experience}} {{content= Selected Token [Token](!xp challenge @{selected|xp} ?{How many|1} ) Manual [Manual](!xp challenge ?{How much|0} ) End of Session [Session](!xp session) }} The first problem that I can see is that you're using a macro with a roll template that's designed for the 5e Shaped Sheet, and you said you're using the 5e Roll 20 sheet, which I presume means the OGL sheet.&nbsp; If you're using the OGL sheet the attributes for your monsters will be different, which is probably why the error is coming back saying "No attribute found."&nbsp;Try changing the "@{selected|xp}" to "@{selected|npc_xp}."&nbsp; I'm not sure what the correct roll template formatting would be, but here's the Wiki page for the OGL sheet roll templates: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5e_OGL_Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5e_OGL_Roll_Templates</a> Good luck!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Geoff H. said: OK, I got this working by combining EazyExperience with DeathTracker. With both of these, setting a NPCs health to 0 would put a big red X (DeathTracker) which EasyExperience then notices and posts "TokenName has died, do you want to award XXxp?" - click the button to add the xp to the xp pool, and click end session at the end of the session to split xp. I played around with the config a little to get it working properly (e.g. I have some system character sheets shared with the players - I had to disable these in the EE config). It's working very well for me though&nbsp;- no need for any additional macros at all. I am using a WotC module with all tokens pre-setup, though it should work with anything dragged from the compendium. If you are creating your NPCs from scratch probably just be careful that you're filling in everything in the NPCs settings. Thanks Geoff, I'm also using a WotC module, and I've implemented Deathtracker as well but still can't get the EasyExperience to work. Can you please share your macro with me? Gozer the Gozerian said: Adam H. said: I'm running a D&amp;D 5e game with the D&amp;D 5e Roll20 character sheets. /w gm &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{title= Easy Experience}} {{content= Selected Token [Token](!xp challenge @{selected|xp} ?{How many|1} ) Manual [Manual](!xp challenge ?{How much|0} ) End of Session [Session](!xp session) }} The first problem that I can see is that you're using a macro with a roll template that's designed for the 5e Shaped Sheet, and you said you're using the 5e Roll 20 sheet, which I presume means the OGL sheet.&nbsp; If you're using the OGL sheet the attributes for your monsters will be different, which is probably why the error is coming back saying "No attribute found."&nbsp;Try changing the "@{selected|xp}" to "@{selected|npc_xp}."&nbsp; I'm not sure what the correct roll template formatting would be, but here's the Wiki page for the OGL sheet roll templates: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5e_OGL_Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5e_OGL_Roll_Templates</a> Good luck!&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks Gozer, I switched up my macro use the default template and "name" instead of content. I'm also pointing to selected|npc_xp now which helped solved the error. However now I'm just getting 3 buttons in the chat after inputting how many and how much, none of which do anything. Seems the buttons aren't clickable. Any ideas?&nbsp; /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name= Easy Experience}} {{content= Selected Token [Token](!xp challenge &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; @{selected|npc_xp} ?{How many|1} ) Manual [Manual](!xp challenge ?{How much|0} )&nbsp; End of Session [Session](!xp session)&nbsp; }}
It looks like you've got an extra space or two between your first !xp challenge and the @{selected|npc_xp}, there should only be one there.&nbsp; Don't know if that makes a difference or not.&nbsp; Other than that, as far as I can tell your macro should work.&nbsp; For the first button to work, you have to have a monster token selected.&nbsp; Did you do that?&nbsp; Have you checked to see if the API is running?&nbsp; Maybe restart the sandbox?
Hi Adam, I don't have a macro to share with you, as I've not found any additional macros are needed to use EE. This is how it works for me:
As Gozer said, when you look at the API Console, do you get these confirmations?: "Lazy Experience Ready! Command: !xp" "DeathTracker Ready! Command: !dead"
He said he's using EasyExperience, which is a different script from Lazy Experience.&nbsp; The macro he's using above also conforms with the formatting for EasyExperience.
Ugh, ok that's my reading comprehension fail... Adam, I would suggest that you try uninstalling EE, and install LazyExperience - it worked out of the box for me.
Hey Guys, sorry for the late response. I was indeed using EasyExperience. Still no luck with getting that one to work but I've switched over to LazyExperience with DeathTracker and it's working perfectly out of the box. Thank you both for your responses!

Edited 1558495598
I was rolling through and found this thread and have become a super fan of deathtracker and lazy experience.&nbsp; I have noticed though, that if i try to add xp to the PCs manually, as in put in their current xp from their on going campaign, that it disables my scripts.&nbsp; Other than that it works perfectly.&nbsp; I was just wondering if the script was designed to just show xp for the single session or keep track of xp for an entire campaign?&nbsp; Thanks in advance Edited for spelling