Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interactive Chat is there any interactive real time char or discord with Roll20 "experts"

I would like to talk with people using some of the more intermediate and advanced features in real time. Is there a roll20 development discord server?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A development server suggests interaction with the system's actual developers, and they don't talk much. Most of the people active on the boards are just fans, volunteering their time as and when they can. Live chat seems too intrusive and demanding to me, I prefer the forum approach. If there's any features you are curious about and want to learn more about, asking questions here will get answers.

Edited 1553037019
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a Roundtable that will Stream on Twitch next week , where you might be able to ask questions in real time. They did request complex questions ahead of time, though. As for a real time chat, not that I know of.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
dabrain22 said: I would like to talk with people using some of the more intermediate and advanced features in real time. Is there a roll20 development discord server? The Roll20 subreddit operates a discord channel, and the information can be found there. That said, it isn't an official discord run by Roll20 (although I have seen at least Dean post there, so devs are aware of it), so you will likely just be chatting with a smaller group of fans/users than you can talk to through the forums or even the subreddit.
Hello dabrain22, I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the Specific Use Questions & Macros forum.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Loren the GM said: The Roll20 subreddit operates a discord channel, and the information can be found there. That said, it isn't an official discord run by Roll20 (although I have seen at least Dean post there, so devs are aware of it), so you will likely just be chatting with a smaller group of fans/users than you can talk to through the forums or even the subreddit. Note: It does not have a voice channel, but at least you could have a chance finding someone there to chat with in real time.