Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF Community Sheet] How can I apply Max DEX to other statistics?

Through an Oracle Revelation, it is possible to substitute CHA in place of DEX where AC is concerned. In the Lore and Lunar mysteries, there is a stipulation that the Max DEX limitation applies to this bonus, whether or not it would apply in other scenarios being unclear.  In the depicted scenario, I have a CHA modifier of +6, and a Max DEX of +5, so the CHA needs to be limited by the Max DEX of the armour.  However, by default this is not applied - the sheet only applies it to DEX modifiers higher than the Max DEX - and after looking I am not aware of any option to enable-disable Max DEX applying/not applying to other stats within the sheet itself.  I have attempted to 'hack in' such a limitation via the Misc field (creating a macro to reduce AC by the difference between the CHA bonus and the Max DEX if the CHA modifier exceeds the Max DEX), however, this in turn applies that Misc modifier to Flat-Footed.  This, in turn, can be worked around with the "Do not lose DEX when Flat-Footed" toggle, but naturally not all characters will have access to Uncanny Dodge or a similar ability. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this conundrum
Easiest way I can see to set something that will only affect FF and AC is to.set a negative buff to your armor that equals the difference between  DEX and CHA.  The buffs section is nice for the whole bunch of things you can fiddle with to your liking. 
After some deliberation I've arrived at a solution to the immediate problem, however this raises a further problem of its own. Apply a penalty to AC via Misc, then recoup the loss on Flat-Footed via a buff. Here we are deducting the overstep of CHA from AC and Touch AC, and then manually 'refunding' the same amount to Flat-Footed by just adding the inverse of the penalty, but only to Flat-Footed (via a buff) - note that adding the entire penalty as a Dodge penalty does not work, as despite Dodge bonuses only being applied to AC/Touch and skipping Flat-Footed, the inverse is not true, and a negative Dodge bonus applies to all three. However, this presents a further problem - The refund buff to AC impacts CMD. In this case, CMD is calculated in an entirely different way due to a particular ability that I'll not delve too deep into (Replacing your CMD with 10 + caster level + Charisma-mod). In my case this doesn't present an actual problem - there's no difference between FFCMD and CMD for my purposes (as I'm not replacing DEX for the calculation, Max DEX doesn't apply, but also being denied DEX doesn't make me lose anything because there's no DEX to be denied) - so I'm happy to leave it at that for my purposes, but I do hope the sheet has this sort of functionality added at some point for quality of life at the very least. Just updating here in case someone stumbles across this thread in future with a similar problem. Nothing's worse than finding someone solved a problem only to not know how they did so!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll need to read this a few more times so I understand the problem, then hopefully we can update the Community sheet to handle it.
Vince said: I'll need to read this a few more times so I understand the problem, then hopefully we can update the Community sheet to handle it. Hi there Vince, I'll try to shorthand the problem, as I know I ramble incoherently at times. Currently, the armour's Max DEX is only applied when using DEX as the AC bonus. Applying any other ability score modifier results in the added score not being capped when it should. I've not dived too far into the back-end but it appears that @{AC-ability-mod} is not checked against @{max-dex} (however that is done) unless @{AC-ability} = DEX. You can see the result of this by setting an armour with a Max DEX of 0, then setting DEX and a non-DEX statistic of your choice to an arbitrarily-high number that results in a positive modifier. To show the difference more clearly I have chosen to set both to 200+. When @{AC-ability} = DEX, @{AC-ability-mod} is capped at 0 and you receive the "Max Dex" Condition. When @{AC-ability} = anything else (in this case CON), @{AC-ability-mod} is not capped and you do not receive the "Max Dex" condition. I hope I was able to clarify the problem.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Tweets.  That helped explain the issue quite succinctly.  I'll add it as a feature request (hey Max Dex is still working, right?) lol, and try and determine how we can get Max-Dex to work properly when selecting an ability other than Dex. :-)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Fix will be included with next week's pull:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5075" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/5075</a>