Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Tabbed Update

There are some specific issues I am running into. I am not an expert at forums & whatnot, so apologies if this is the wrong place/format to list the aforementioned issues: 1. Melee weapons (ones using "strength" in addition to weapon damage) on the "power armor" section do not seem to consistently roll properly, in that the actual results of all die are lumped into a single value that does not show the individual die results (though it sometimes shows the raise if there is one, though it is really inconsistent). I think it is only rolling the "strength" without adding the "weapon damage" die. I specifically came across this while experimenting with a "proven" type keyword. Impossible to functionally have proven power armor melee weapons at present. 2. The power descriptions overlap each other when expanded, making it difficult to read the expanded powers.  Thank you.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Jordo J. said: 1. Melee weapons (ones using "strength" in addition to weapon damage) on the "power armor" section do not seem to consistently roll properly, in that the actual results of all die are lumped into a single value that does not show the individual die results (though it sometimes shows the raise if there is one, though it is really inconsistent). I think it is only rolling the "strength" without adding the "weapon damage" die. I specifically came across this while experimenting with a "proven" type keyword. Impossible to functionally have proven power armor melee weapons at present. I'll take a look, but nothing has changed in that section other than a visual overhaul... :-/ Jordo J. said: 2. The power descriptions overlap each other when expanded, making it difficult to read the expanded powers.  A few questions (the most important are 1 & 2, though 3-5 will be important depending on the answers to 1&2): When was the last time this happened? What browser are you using? Can you share a screenshot? Are you the GM of the game? Is a custom character sheet being used? There was a release this week that fixed that issue for Firefox. I just verified in that I'm not seeing that issue in Firefox nor Chrome, so just want to make sure you're not reporting something from a few days ago...?
Thank you for the rapid reply. The overlapping "powers" entries when expanded seems to be fixed. I hadn't checked it since last Saturday. As for the issue with power armor weapons, I'll attach screenshots, the first with the mouse hovering over the result to show the lack of rolling. It inserts "undefined[trait]" & doesn't seem to roll the weapon damage dice.
Upon further examination, it seems the "strength" value for the power armor is somehow incapable of adding any bonus or weapon damage (i.e. strength value of d12!+2 ends up not adding the +2).
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, the good news is I know what the problem is...the bad news is I need to figure out how to fix it. I think I know how to do that, it's just a matter of implementing and testing it.  This problem impacts Robot Armor, too.  I should be able to have the fix figured out tomorrow (at least that's my goal) and hopefully have it deployed this weekend for inclusion in the next week's merge.
Sweet. I appreciate your continuing work to give the rest of us great character sheets.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, this bug should be fixed with the next release. I've put the fix up on my test game:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2770481/ScpvXg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2770481/ScpvXg</a> Feel free to join that game and test it out to make sure I actually fixed it. I did my testing and it appears to be fixed, but you should be able to import your character to that game and actually test it out there.
I used the mook test 1 &amp; did some playing. It seems the base strength value &amp; the weapon damage are both being rolled, which is the real issue for the purpose of "rolling". The only remaining issue I was able to ascertain was that it still does not add in "superhuman" strength values for the power armor (i.e. the +2 on a strength of d12!+2). That said, that static number can be added to the roll result after the fact while in play, so while I assume you will attend to it as well, it isn't much of a problem for anyone who can do basic addition, so no hurry. I truly appreciate your work &amp; your diligence. I think I can safely speak for a great deal of the community in saying it is something I could never hope to produce or maintain.
Further testing indicates the drop-down bonus values for power armor strength are also not registering with the attack damage.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I need some clarification... I checked the code and realized I forgot to change a field name that needed it. I've made that change and here's the result I get: Is this what you're expecting (and this is new as of just a few minutes ago)... If it's not, what am I getting wrong? I'm not sure what you mean by drop-down bonus values...?
I was referring to the "edges/etc" bonuses modifier field when I said "drop-down". That was a bad descriptor on my part. I would guess that it is linked to whatever you just recently changed (as per above), as it now functions. I checked it quick on "John" with a value in that bonuses field &amp; it also worked (&amp; I left the value in said field), so I think the issues I ran across are solved. I keep forgetting to take screenshots, so I can do so in the future if you so desire. Looking forward to the next update. Again, many thanks.
I have found that the "robot" weapon damage is no longer at all functional (as in, pushing the "damage" button does nothing). I hadn't tried them in a while, so it could have been going on for longer than my recent posts.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
&lt;sigh&gt; I'll take a look. &nbsp;Do me a favor...change the button behavior and see if that fixes the problem. &nbsp;So, if it's current Damage Only, change it to Atk+Dmg. &nbsp;Then change it back to Damage Only and let me if that works, too...I believe that should fix the problem in the short term...I'll look to get a real fix in for it. Does Power Armor have the same issue?

Edited 1556058221
There doesn't seem to be a problem with the power armor. When I use the "attack+damage" option for robots, it seems to work as intended. It seemed only when the roll is "damage only". Once I started playing around with it on "John" (switching the option to "att+dmg" just a few minutes prior to the post time of this message), it started to work with both options. I tested with 2 new melee attacks, &amp; it seems to only work after you switch the option to "att+dmg" at least once. You can then switch back to "dmg only" without rolling &amp; it will function, as per my second melee attack test at this time. Not sure how or why, but at the time of this post, it seems to be functioning as such. As an aside, I hadn't played with the "att+dmg" option much. I dig it.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, that's what I figured. &nbsp;That issue is resolved. &nbsp;I haven't moved the code the SWT QA Game yet, but will before the night is over. This will go live with the next Prod release.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, I've updated the test game with the latest version of the code
I've been playing around &amp; all is working well, thus far. I've also been checking out some of the other threads so I don't request a fix or post a bug that has already been addressed/posted.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Sounds good and if you post something that's already been posted, it's not a big deal...it helps elevate it either way. :)
I noticed the "Variable Bonus Die(Raise Based)" option is not available for the "vehicles" tab.&nbsp;
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Jordo J. V said: I noticed the "Variable Bonus Die(Raise Based)" option is not available for the "vehicles" tab.&nbsp; Ok, I'll take a look.