Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Help: How Do I Increase The Tokens Size WITHOUT Them Having Taking Up Grid Space

Edited 1555522730
I've purchased tokens, they are detailed, but waaaay too small. I can enlarge them and they'd fit perfectly in one square. Is there anyway to do this in the game without them taking up other grids? EDIT: LMAO sorry about that topic title. That's gangster level posting.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Export them to a graphics program and remove the surrounding space (which, in my experience, is the problem usually).
Finderski said: Export them to a graphics program and remove the surrounding space (which, in my experience, is the problem usually). Oh I've no idea where to get one or how to use one. There's no way to just enlarge the art ingame and still keep one grid?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The surrounding empty space of the token is actually part of the art. So, if you increase the size of the visible image, the invisible aspect also enlarges...thus, when you enlarge the visible image to fill the square, the border of invisible stuff must grow to accommodate the visible and will spill over into the surrounding squares.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If the tokens are downloadable, you should be able to download the set from the Marketplace page where you purchased them. The easiest way to find out what graphics editor is the default of your system is to double click on the downloaded file (almost certainly a png file). In most cases, if you are on a Windows PC, the editor is the app called Paint. On a Mac, it will likely be Preview. When it opens, look for a tool or command called "crop". It should allow you to select an area of your token that you want to fill the square. Try to keep your crop selection square instead of rectangular. In most programs, holding Shift while dragging will accomplish this. Save the cropped png to your hard drive, and then drag the file to your roll20 game table. Size it to one grid square and the image should fill more of the square.