Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting Macro that also asks how many attacks to roll and rolls them separately

Rogue
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have a question about a Demon Gate macro if anyone has any ideas or tips please and thank you. In live games when you want to do two quick attacks we normally roll 2d20 add the mods to each roll as two separate attacks but gives you both target numbers for the defender immediately. Speeds things up. Then the defender can say "ah okay I''l block this one then dodge this one and as well roll 2d20 with mods to defend. How can I do that with this macro which allows a drop down to show the different forms of attacks to ochoose from.  /em Attacks &{template:default} {{name=@{character_title} Attack Result}} {{Total to Hit = ?{Form of Attack|Unarmed,[[d20+@{selected|unarmed_combat_to_hit}+?{Modifier|0}]] Unarmed |Long Sword,[[d20+2+?{Modifier|0}]] Long Sword |Dagger,[[d20+1+?{Modifier|0}]] Dagger |Short Bow,[[d20+2+?{Modifier|0}]] Short Bow } }} I have a drop down menu come down for the different forms of attack to choose from, then there is a modifier prompt that pops up as well How could I also add an insert that asks how many attacks you wish to roll?
I don't think it's possible to have such a loop in a macro. You could do it with a script, or you write a macro for one roll, one for two rolls, one for three and so on and have another macro call on the one that's needed. 
Have your first macro be a chat menu rather than a query.  Have the chat menu call your weapon attack roll macro for that specific weapon.  Have those macros have queries that will ask how many attacks, and each option of the query be that many attacks.  It is a lot of typing and cut/paste/replace work, but once done, is done.
Rogue
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Interesting thanks for the input you two