Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Aura/Tint Health Color

Aura/Tint Health Color saw this API being used by a game i am playing in and added to my own campaign however i cant get any aura to show up on the pc or npc tokens, the Tint portion works fine however turning that off and attempting to use an aura doesn't work. I read a thread about making sure the token is attached to a char sheet and represents a char and making sure the token is not controlled by more then one person all of which i have done but still doesnt work. Has anyone got any idea what is wrong? the only setting i have changed is to turn tint and names off.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should be working, does the tint color work and change as expected as health changes? If it does I cannot think of any reason the aura would not be working as well. (as its just a toggle of which it turns on). You don't have any other scripts installed that manipulates auras by chance do you?
its all good i went back to play around with it and work on the campaign a bit moved to a different map/page and the auras were working fine, went back to the original page and still not workin. So after looking at it realised the only difference between the 2 pages was the one they didnt work on had the grid disabled. Renabling the grid bought the auras up. Works like a beauty now thanks for the awesome script
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any idea why the grid should affect this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a current bug where auras do not display while the grid is off. Nothing to do with the script.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ah, i missed hearing about that. Thanks.
I am running a module and have a pretty large amount of assets. Is there a way to have the Aura only affect the page the players are currently on.

Edited 1556844424
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is it crashing or such on the amount of tokens? Once its set them all on all pages the first time, there shouldn't be any performance hit as its not running to 'do' anything after that other than on individual tokens as the health changes, or you add one to the page and then its only doing work on that one. But for the request there isn't any easy way to implement it that wouldn't be a hindrance to you. As if I trigger with API to do it on page change, when you switched pages it would have to turn the ones off on the page you left, and on on the new player ribbon page. Which could cause a VTT lag if either/both is a page with a lot of tokens. As opposed to they are all already set and done on all pages. But if I ignore page switching as the trigger: You would have to manually' wiggle' the tokens on the new page each time you switched to get them to update to have auras. (Roll20 is limited to token updates triggered on the tabletop either by moving them, or an attribute assigned on them changes). As well as the issue it would cause of auras being incorrect for same character tokens on other pages that already has aura set. It would only change the color of the current pages token (As I'd only be applying it to tokens on the player page). Tokens for that character on other pages would not update and would be the wrong color only fixed with a 'wiggle' of it also once you got to that page.