Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5E by Roll20 Sheet v. 2.7 (Q2-Q3Y2019)

Edited 1558996544
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I found a number of threads where people report initial success and then subsequently find it's not working. I thought it had been resolved, but even the script author has reported that he is not sure what is going on. It might have something to do with the way the OGL sheet is now processing events. This thread reports success by using the character name in the script call, but that doesn't seem to work here. There is a current bug reporting that sheetworkers are not being fired by the API, but its unclear if the bug is older than the report, since the report is only a few weeks old.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anthony V.  I think I know what the issue is with Vicious Mockery. I refactored that code and have an idea of the trouble. As you've noted it should just be a 'display' issue. I have added a ticket to investigate it. Dustin C.   &  keithcurtis The issue with chatsetattr api may be related to a current open ticket related to APIs and sheet workers . Once that is fixed it might work for you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Cassie. Reports of problems on this go back a few months, but it's unclear if those were resolved by other means. I'll cross my fingers.
I don't want to make a sheet request without having confirmed first that it's not already possible to do what I want. Is there a way to make a custom background that is "persistent"? That is, add a custom background to the list of backgrounds that appears for people to select when they are creating a character in charactermancer?
hi Well I using the 5e ogl sheet, but when I drag in cantrips to one of my characters there seems to be some kind of mistake. Not completely sure what is happening or why. It seems to show the damage two times which is a bit annoying. It does roll it correctly, but when you look at the sheet it is a bit confusing. for instance chill touch should be written as 3d8+5 necrotic, but as shown above it write 3d8+53d8+5 necrotic. Here is what is written in the damage field [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d8 and all I did was pull the spell from the compendium in to the sheet, which I have done multiple times before. So not sure if there is a bug or something I have done wrong. I know I posted the same post under bugs, but got a reply, that I would have better luck in here. Kim

Edited 1559066145
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Joe M. said: I don't want to make a sheet request without having confirmed first that it's not already possible to do what I want. Is there a way to make a custom background that is "persistent"? That is, add a custom background to the list of backgrounds that appears for people to select when they are creating a character in charactermancer? What you are describing is a custom compendium, which has been a long-standing mainstay on the suggestions tab. The team has often said they like the idea, but there appear to be roadblocks to implementing it, while keeping copyrighted data safe. Also, I've seen the back end of compendium editing, and it's not intuitive. You can read more official responses on this page (and add your vote!) It is partially possible with some work and a pro account. Here's an example of automated entry using the Shaped Sheet.

Edited 1559158509
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anthony V.   &  Rangaard  I found the issue and have put in a pull request to fix cantrip's displays. This will be fixed on Tuesday. All you'll need to do on Tuesday to fix your cantrip displays is to change anything in the Attack section for that cantrip. For example just toggle damage  off then back on for example.
Cassie said: Anthony V.   &  Rangaard  I found the issue and have put in a pull request to fix cantrip's displays. This will be fixed on Tuesday. All you'll need to do on Tuesday to fix your cantrip displays is to change anything in the Attack section for that cantrip. Just toggle damage  off then back on for example. Thank you! :)
Moving report here: Kevin  said: I believe RAW says that only your max HP increases when you level, but the charactermancer restores PCs to full health on Level+.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anthony V.   &  Rangaard  I was able to push my patch for the cantrips out today. You can fix the cantrips on your sheets by just changing anything in the attack section such as toggling off and on damage . Thanks for the bug reports!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
New Charactermancer Issues: When clicking the "i" button on a spell to pull up the compendium information, it doesn't load any information into the info window of the Charactermancer. It just stays on the Spells general info page. Choosing spells from Dropdown menus results in no spell options being displayed. Checklists seem to work fine.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Loren the GM said: New Charactermancer Issues: When clicking the "i" button on a spell to pull up the compendium information, it doesn't load any information into the info window of the Charactermancer. It just stays on the Spells general info page. Choosing spells from Dropdown menus results in no spell options being displayed. Checklists seem to work fine. I too encountered this last night.
Moving reports here:  Matt M  said: The drop down for character spell list is not loading: Matt M  said: Level + seems to work, it only affected initial character creation. Dead  said: Yeah this started yesterday for me, as well. The whole party was starting new characters, and none of the spellcasters could get it to work.
Loren the GM said: New Charactermancer Issues: When clicking the "i" button on a spell to pull up the compendium information, it doesn't load any information into the info window of the Charactermancer. It just stays on the Spells general info page. Choosing spells from Dropdown menus results in no spell options being displayed. Checklists seem to work fine. Got the same behavior last night. Mancer Level Up for Wizard. 

Edited 1559836838
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Isnt there a roll20 bug at the moment about scripts failing to trigger sheet workers? Edit: didnt realise I was responding to week-old comments...
This is also happening to me. Any fix yet?

Edited 1559934295
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Loren, Keith, James, Just wanted to let you know I'm looking into the Spells for Level 1 Mancer. Thanks for the reports. - Cassie Update: We think we've found the issue. It needs to go through QA to be tested. We should have this fix in the near future. I apologize for the inconvenience.
I too am having this issue with the level 1 Charactermancer, here's an error log of what's going on. <a href="https://pastebin.com/XRQ13Xup" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/XRQ13Xup</a>
Level 3 Warlock Pact of the Tome Spell Button to Add three cantrips doesn't work. Since I can't get past that is there a workaround? Also do I have to add Ritual Spells Manually for Book of Ancient Secrets.
Bringing over my issue from another post, thanks keithcurtis for referencing me here. Why are npc attributes and pc attributes differently named? I was trying to make a macro that would whisper the ac of my target to me, and discovered that npc sheets use an attribute called 'npc_ac' instead of just 'ac'. This means I need two macros, or one sloppy macro that offers redundant and incorrect information in order to do what I want. I have been led to believe speed is also similarly named 'npc_speed' which for the life of me I cannot fathom why you need two different attributes. If there is no specific reason, would it not be better to give those attributes the same name?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Brian S. said: Why are npc attributes and pc attributes differently named? It was due to early design decisions that we no longer practice. The sheet is constantly being improved and refactored, and this issue have been noted by us, thanks to the earlier thread. While not being an expert on the 5E sheet, I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as combining the two names and sheetworkers that work on these, without mentioning compendium interaction.
I'm seeing some odd results when I click to roll a NPC's HP (which should generate a token on the GM Layer as a result of the OGL 5e Companion API using !autonpctoken). I'm not sure if the Companion API may need updating, or if the results involve some of the other recent rollouts.&nbsp; I am clicking the Hit Points dice button in the NPC character sheet like so (e.g. the 2d6 on the Goblin sheet): When I click thusly to roll a token in Xanathar's Underworld Speculation Module, the API places the token as expected. However, the HP data is placed in Bar 3 instead of Bar 1, and no AC data is populated from the sheet. Also, the script is not observing my default token settings (e.g. using "compact" bars): In my SKT Module, when I click to roll a token (any of the module's NPCs) the command fails with the following img library error: Thanks for all you do to make Roll20 great!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Chris, Thanks for the report. I have created a ticket and we shall investigate the API issues. - Casie
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mancer Issue: Lizard Folk Natural Armor Class(es) : Any Subclass :&nbsp; Any Race : Lizard Folk Level(s) : 1 (at creation) Description of issue : Creating a Lizard folk character adds the Racial Feature of "Natural Armor" on the core tab, but does not create the appropriate mechanic on the settings page. CF: Barbarian, which does this correctly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is there any intent to add filtering by source on Charactermancer? If not, is there any future plan to indicate the source of spells in the drop down in a way similar to what is done with Backgrounds, Classes and Races? I'll make a Suggestion if this has not been discussed or planned, but wanted to check first. The use case would be to constrain options by campaign. Say I ran an Acquisitions Inc. adventure, but didn't want to include their options in a Ravnica campaign, or a plain vanilla Forgotten Realms game. Additionally, Adventurer's League characters only allow one non-core rulebook to be used in character creation. Just indicating the source would be enough, though filtering would be nice. Again, I'll put this in a suggestion if it is not already in the plan going forward.
I second Keith's concern.&nbsp;&nbsp; keithcurtis said: Is there any intent to add filtering by source on Charactermancer? If not, is there any future plan to indicate the source of spells in the drop down in a way similar to what is done with Backgrounds, Classes and Races? I'll make a Suggestion if this has not been discussed or planned, but wanted to check first. The use case would be to constrain options by campaign. Say I ran an Acquisitions Inc. adventure, but didn't want to include their options in a Ravnica campaign, or a plain vanilla Forgotten Realms game. Additionally, Adventurer's League characters only allow one non-core rulebook to be used in character creation. Just indicating the source would be enough, though filtering would be nice. Again, I'll put this in a suggestion if it is not already in the plan going forward.
Moving report here:&nbsp; Gangledork &nbsp;said: In the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 compendium the entry for Giant Centipede reads: "Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage plus (3d6)poison damage. The target must succeed on a dc If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way" When it should read: "Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 11 Constitution saving throw or take 10 (3d6) poison damage. If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way."
I think the compendium is incomplete and should be finished because there is still just one background, missing spells, etc. and I think that maybe the roll20 team should focus a bit more on that?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
R3GR5T said: I think the compendium is incomplete and should be finished because there is still just one background, missing spells, etc. and I think that maybe the roll20 team should focus a bit more on that? The Compendium is drawn from the SRD (System Reference Document) provided by Wizards of the Coast to be freely used by anyone. The SRD contains a large subset of spells and monsters, one subclass for each class, one background and one feat. The compendium you get for free on Roll20 represents that document. If you want the entire PHB or MM, you need to purchase them. This is true of other online sources as well.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings! I've been heads down programming the last few weeks. Currently filtering by source is not on the roadmap but its been on our feature request for while. It is becoming more pressing with all the new books coming out. :) Giant Centipede &nbsp;should be fixed now. Keith is correct regarding the compendium information. The SRD content is free and should work with drag and drop as well as the charactermancer. Additional books including the PHB are available for purchase which will provide more information in your compendium. Thanks, Cassie
Cassie said: Greetings! I've been heads down programming the last few weeks. Currently filtering by source is not on the roadmap but its been on our feature request for while. It is becoming more pressing with all the new books coming out. :) Giant Centipede &nbsp;should be fixed now. Keith is correct regarding the compendium information. The SRD content is free and should work with drag and drop as well as the charactermancer. Additional books including the PHB are available for purchase which will provide more information in your compendium. Thanks, Cassie Out of curiosity, since WotC still hasn't updated the SRD since the 2018 errata, how does the compendium work when you buy the PHB? are there 2 different entries for each thing? Is the SRD content overwritten by the PHB versions?
V2Blast said: Cassie said: Greetings! I've been heads down programming the last few weeks. Currently filtering by source is not on the roadmap but its been on our feature request for while. It is becoming more pressing with all the new books coming out. :) Giant Centipede &nbsp;should be fixed now. Keith is correct regarding the compendium information. The SRD content is free and should work with drag and drop as well as the charactermancer. Additional books including the PHB are available for purchase which will provide more information in your compendium. Thanks, Cassie Out of curiosity, since WotC still hasn't updated the SRD since the 2018 errata, how does the compendium work when you buy the PHB? are there 2 different entries for each thing? Is the SRD content overwritten by the PHB versions? It is over written with the more in depth material from the PHB
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you need to compare the two after purchasing, you can log out and then only see SRD entries.
Cassie said: Greetings! I've been heads down programming the last few weeks. Currently filtering by source is not on the roadmap but its been on our feature request for while. It is becoming more pressing with all the new books coming out. :) Giant Centipede &nbsp;should be fixed now. Keith is correct regarding the compendium information. The SRD content is free and should work with drag and drop as well as the charactermancer. Additional books including the PHB are available for purchase which will provide more information in your compendium. Thanks, Cassie Almost every statblock that has something like the Giant Centipede's or Wyvern's poison save is done incorrectly. The extra damage is being added to the Damage 2 field which gets rolled on a normal hit, and again on a critical hit. This is not how it should be. The correct usage would be to turn the damage in the description field into an inline roll or clickable button instead, like below. The problem with including the damage in Damage 2 is that inexperienced DM's will deal that damage to player characters without realizing it shouldn't be added or doubling it on a critical hit, which it would not be per the rules.
sorry if this is already replied elsewhere, but is there any possibility to include disadvantage/advantage status to single skills (as stealth in heavy armor) in the configuration panel? Something like the expertise field. Thanks!
Alvaro T. said: sorry if this is already replied elsewhere, but is there any possibility to include disadvantage/advantage status to single skills (as stealth in heavy armor) in the configuration panel? Something like the expertise field. Thanks! Ooh. That would be awesome!
Alvaro T. said: sorry if this is already replied elsewhere, but is there any possibility to include disadvantage/advantage status to single skills (as stealth in heavy armor) in the configuration panel? Something like the expertise field. Thanks! Ooh. That would be awesome!

Edited 1562466680
Request: Can we have a global crit range override on the character sheet for use when attacks against a certain target would always be critical hits (eg. if the target is Paralyzed and the attacker is within 5 feet of it)?

Edited 1562480873
Laðy Laмвðaðelтa said: Request: Can we have a global crit range override on the character sheet for use when attacks against a certain target would always be critical hits (eg. if the target is Paralyzed and the attacker is within 5 feet of it)? I'm just thinking out loud here, but could you make an attribute called 'critrange' with a value of 20 and then in each of the attacks crit range box, reference that attribute. I don't remember the exact wording is it just something like @{my_name_here|critrange}... Then use the chatseattr API to adjust that attribute as and when you need to...
Hi there. Is there any update on the bug to fix the ability to set exhaustion levels on the OGL character sheet through the API, as documented here ? Tested this out tonight and the behavior is still the same. The numbers increment on the sheet in the Exhaustion Level section, but the effects field says "No Effect" with unknown characters no matter what level of exhaustion the character is at.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jay R. said: Hi there. Is there any update on the bug to fix the ability to set exhaustion levels on the OGL character sheet through the API, as documented here ? Tested this out tonight and the behavior is still the same. The numbers increment on the sheet in the Exhaustion Level section, but the effects field says "No Effect" with unknown characters no matter what level of exhaustion the character is at. Kenton has asked for examples here . Please post there if you would. I would like to see a resolution of this as well. It's very frustrating to someone who heavily relies on automation and API control.
keithcurtis said: Jay R. said: Hi there. Is there any update on the bug to fix the ability to set exhaustion levels on the OGL character sheet through the API, as documented here ? Tested this out tonight and the behavior is still the same. The numbers increment on the sheet in the Exhaustion Level section, but the effects field says "No Effect" with unknown characters no matter what level of exhaustion the character is at. Kenton has asked for examples here . Please post there if you would. I would like to see a resolution of this as well. It's very frustrating to someone who heavily relies on automation and API control. Done. Thanks for pointing me to the right place.
Is there a way to have spell descriptions for attacks show by default? or do you have to manually change each spell attack to add the description?

Edited 1563202090
When using the Charactermancer and reaching Level 3 on a Warlock and selecting "Pact of the Tome", I am unable to select "Choose 3 Cantrips".&nbsp; This does not work on FireFox or Chrome. Any thoughts? Same scenario for Book of Ancient Secrets and "Choose 2 Ritual Spells".

Edited 1563205282
Trent E. said: When using the Charactermancer and reaching Level 3 on a Warlock and selecting "Pact of the Tome", I am unable to select "Choose 3 Cantrips".&nbsp; This does not work on FireFox or Chrome. Any thoughts? I experienced the same thing, clicking on the "buttons" for 'Choose 3 Cantrips' and 'Choose 2 Ritual Spells' had no effect.&nbsp; However, it is easy enough to drag and drop spells from the compendium, after leveling up, though you will likely want to identify offline ahead of time which spells you want to pick, as they can be difficult to research from all cantrips or Ritual tags within Roll20.&nbsp;

Edited 1563207426
Thanks, Luke! That's what I did, too.&nbsp; Just wanted to bring it up. ;) Cheers! The filter options in the compendium do help limit the spells. Luke H. said: I experienced the same thing, clicking on the "buttons" for 'Choose 3 Cantrips' and 'Choose 2 Ritual Spells' had no effect.&nbsp; However, it is easy enough to drag and drop spells from the compendium, after leveling up, though you will likely want to identify offline ahead of time which spells you want to pick, as they can be difficult to research from all cantrips or Ritual tags within Roll20.&nbsp;
Feature Request: This is just a minor quality of life thing but my players have really enjoyed having a "notes" section on the core tab of their character sheet for jotting down any random info that they decide is worth remembering. It's something that could easily be solved by having a word page open somewhere or a google doc, but it is kinda nice having it be right there next to all of your other character info. I was able to implement this with a really simple edit to the sheet's HTML text file I found on github. I just put this between lines 1896 and 1897: &lt;div class="body"&gt; &lt;div class="col1-3"&gt; &lt;div class="textbox"&gt; &lt;textarea name="attr_notes" style="min-height: 288px; height: 300px;"&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt; &lt;span class="label" data-i18n="notes-u"&gt;NOTES&lt;/span&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; And then adding that in to the translation file somewhere like this (I put it at line 213 but I'm guessing it doesn't matter): "notes-u": "NOTES", It's not a high priority feature of course, but I figured I might as well share it in case you wanted to add it to the sheet by default! Thanks for all your hard work.

Edited 1563493558
Hi all, just a couple of questions/queries/ideas. Firstly I may be doing something wrong, but I am having an issue with the following: Sheet Issues Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Multiclass with Warlock as second class Description of issue : Spell slots and spell tracking API / Counting Slots manually. It seems that the Warlock spell slots are not added to the sheet anywhere I can see linked with spell casting, and even if I manually add them on the settings page to add 2 spells at 2nd lvl at this point, it will not take those slots when casting a warlock spell, plus if I read the spellcasting stuff properly the slots can be used to cast any known spell that is 2nd or first level when multiclassed, not just warlock spells.&nbsp; I have tried setting the CLASS to Warlock on the spell window in the spell description at the bottom, but this seems to do nothing.&nbsp; For example I cast Hex, it casts at level 1 not level 2 and when using the API spelltracking it removes a level 1 slot. I guess the query is twofold, is there a way for the warlock slots to add to the sheet automatically, and is there a way to get a drop down selection, similar to the level query for spell casting as a class query so the sheet can then remove the correct spell slot?&nbsp; This would also mean I can use the API for spell tracking. Sheet Issues Class(es) /&nbsp; Subclass : Magic Item Spells Description of issue : Spell slots/Saving Throws/ API spelltracker (modify to charge counter like the ammo counter?) For magic items, for example ring of fire element control, which allows fireball (and a few other spells) I add it to the character sheet for the character that has the ring but it will not let me set a flat saving throw that reflects in the attack section on the Core page.&nbsp; FLAT changes back to SPELL but keeps the 17, when the spell is used in reflects DC17 in the chat window, but keeps DC12 in the attack window. Since it is coming from a magic item Is there a way for the TYPE/CLASS at the bottom of the spell descriptor to be used as CLASS Magic Item and TYPE link to back a charge counter in the resources section, or Charges to use query when using an item that links back to total charges in the resources section?&nbsp; And off the back of this, is there a way to make magic item spells not counted by the spelltracker API? Thanks all in advance, and if anything does not make sense let me know.&nbsp;
Hey, all. I'm a bit of a roll20 noob so bear with me. I'm using v2.7 of the character sheet and I'm having trouble having my damage rolls show when I click on the weapon name in chat. I have auto damage roll turned to "Don't Auto Roll Damage", and from what I understand from the wiki, the damage roll should be manually rolled when I click on the weapon name. All that happens for me is a blank message in the chat box: I dragged and dropped the weapon from the SRD compendium so there shouldn't be any issues with the weapon stats itself. Any ideas?