Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is their an API that will change the side of a rollable table token based on its HP value?

I'm basically looking for an option which will allow me to change which side of a token is showing depending on the amount of HP a character has. For example, I have these 3 tokens. I am hoping to have the token change as the characters health drops below certain amounts. Is this possible to automate or will the players need to do this manually?
Spren
Sheet Author
This was posted on Reddit a while back seems to be exactly what you need (Credit to G-G-G): <a href="https://gist.github.com/G-G-G/04928bc89e215351882f435e659d94f0" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/G-G-G/04928bc89e215351882f435e659d94f0</a> /* If you have a character token made from Rollable Token, this script will change the image displayed based on the value of a token bar. So you could have the image change automatically based on damage, or just if you just want to use a bar to quickly change the token's image. The top four constants areset the behaviour of the script: TOKENBAR: the token bar to use. IMAGEMAX: if you want to limit the token selection to, say, the first 3 images, set IMAGEMSX = 3. If 0, it uses all the token images. You can also create an attribute and set an array of images to use. If this attribute exists, the imagemax above is ignored. The attribute can have values like 1,2,3,4 or 2-4, or 1,3-5,7. Only numbers, commas and hyphens are used. IMAGEARRAY: name of the attribute to use. IMAGEOFFSET: programmers often use 0 as the first entry. If you prefer to have 1 as the first image, set this as 1, otherwise 0. so if 1-3 refers to the first 3 images, IMAGEOFFSET = 1; if 0-2 refers to the first 3 images, IMAGEOFFSET = 0. */ var TokenImgHealth = TokenImgHealth || (function() { 'use strict'; // edit the following four bars if needed/ var TOKENBAR = 1, // which bar you are using for health, or checking which image to use. IMAGEMAX = 0, // the images in the token to use (in order from lowest to highest), SET TO 0 to use all images IMAGEARRAY = 'damageLevels', IMAGEOFFSET = 1, // 0 if IMAGEARRAY entries starts at 0, 1 if it starts at 1. updateToken = function(o, prev) { const maxValue = parseInt(o.get(`bar${TOKENBAR}_max`)); const curValue = parseInt(o.get(`bar${TOKENBAR}_value`)); const oldValue = parseInt(prev[`bar${TOKENBAR}_value`]); if (!isNaN(maxValue) &amp;&amp; !isNaN(curValue) &amp;&amp; oldValue !== curValue) { let allSides = o.get("sides").split("|"); let thisSide = o.get("currentSide") ; let numSides = IMAGEMAX === 0 ? allSides.length : Math.min(allSides.length, IMAGEMAX); let useSides = getImageList(o,IMAGEARRAY,IMAGEOFFSET); // useSides = 0 if no attribute let newSide; if( useSides &amp;&amp; useSides.includes(parseInt(thisSide)) ) { newSide = useSides[getImageIndex(useSides.length, curValue, maxValue)]; } else if( !useSides &amp;&amp; thisSide &lt; numSides ) { newSide = getImageIndex(numSides, curValue, maxValue); } else { return; } if (newSide !== thisSide) { let nextURL = setImg(o,newSide,allSides); } } }, getImageIndex = function(numSides, curValue, maxValue) { return Math.min(numSides-1,Math.max(0,Math.ceil(curValue / maxValue * (numSides -1)))); }, getImageList = function(token, attr, imageOffset) { // this function returns an array of image indexes if an attribute lists them // returns 0 if no attribute exists var Char = getObj("character", token.get("represents")); var Attr = findObjs({name: attr,_type: "attribute", _characterid: Char.id}, {caseInsensitive: true})[0]; if(Attr) { // attr needs to be in the format 1-3, or 1,2,3,5, could be 1-3, 5 let base = getAttrByName(Char.id,attr).replace(/([^0-9-,]+)/gi, '');; let arr = []; base.split(',').forEach(item =&gt; { if(item.includes("-")) { let temp = item.split('-'); for(let i = temp[0]; i &lt;= temp[1]; i++) { arr.push(Number(i) - imageOffset); } } else { arr.push(Number(item) - imageOffset); } }) return (arr.length === 0 || arr[0] === -1) ? 0 : arr; } else { return 0; } }, getCleanImagesrc = function (imgsrc) { var parts = imgsrc.match(/(.*\/images\/.*)(thumb|med|original|max)([^?]*)(\?[^?]+)?$/); if(parts) { return parts[1]+'thumb'+parts[3]+(parts[4]?parts[4]:`?${Math.round(Math.random()*9999999)}`); } return; }, report = function (o,img){ sendChat('ChangeTokenImage',`/w gm &lt;div&gt;&lt;img src="${img}" style="max-width: 3em;max-height: 3em;border:1px solid #333; background-color: #999; border-radius: .2em;"&gt; Image not in User Library on token ${o.get('name')}&lt;/div&gt;`); }, setImg = function (o,nextSide,allSides) { var nextURL = getCleanImagesrc(decodeURIComponent(allSides[nextSide])); if(nextURL) { o.set({ currentSide: nextSide, imgsrc: nextURL }); } else { report(o,decodeURIComponent(allSides[nextSide])); } return nextURL; }, registerEventHandlers = function() { on('change:token', updateToken); }; return { RegisterEventHandlers: registerEventHandlers, }; }()); on("ready",function(){ 'use strict'; TokenImgHealth.RegisterEventHandlers(); });

Edited 1556408507
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Haha, I was thinking, I've sure I've seen a script that does that... Full disclosure: most of that script was written by someone else (balance of probabilities would suggest Aaron...), i just tweaked it to add the auto switching. (Now that I look at the script again, i may be underselling myself, but I do wish I'd saved attribution.)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
(Probably just copying the style of one of my scripts, and a few of the functions. =D )
The script works perfectly for what I needed. Thanks.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad to hear it, Botley :)