Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Star Wars FFG][Paid] Edge of the Empire Beginner Game - Monday 11:00 AM EDT / 15:00 UTC

Edited 1557544719
Lex
Pro
If the LFG interests you but the date is a problem, or timeslot, or anything, let me know! Date: Monday, May 13, 2019 Time: 11:00 AM EDT / 10:00 AM CDT / 15:00 UTC Length: 4 hour session <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190513T10&amp;p1=64" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190513T10&amp;p1=64</a> I am a GM looking for 4 players to play the Edge of the Empire Beginner Game. I have run hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention, both one shots and campaigns. My campaigns include custom tokens, maps, handouts, and accompanying music and ambience tracks. I have a Roll20 Pro subscription to use the Genesys Dice Rolling script which handles the dice for us. This will be my first time running the Genesys system, so there will be some learning on both sides of the screen. The adventure is designed for one session, but I would be interested in making this into a campaign if the group wants to continue. I may need to delay the game a week or change the time slot as needed to attract players. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 via PayPal per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Background Campaign Features The adventure is centered around exploring and escaping from Mos Shuuta, a small spaceport on Tatooine. The party has run afoul of the local crime lord Teemo the Hutt and find themselves trapped within the city. The adventure includes role-playing, combat, and maybe even some space fights if the party manages to keep their wits about them long enough! I don't expect players to have any experience with the Star Wars FFG system. I do expect the players hopefully have some role-playing experience, but if you've at least watched some Critical Role or the like then you should be fine. To get acquainted with the Star Wars FFG system, please read pages 1-12 of this Free RPG Day PDF(do not read any further! the rest is an adventure you might want to play one day). You don't have to memorize it or understand it all, but having some base knowledge is very useful: <a href="https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/media/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/adventures/Under%20a%20Black%20Sun%20LoRes.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/media/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/adventures/Under%20a%20Black%20Sun%20LoRes.pdf</a> Application (4 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 15+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation The adventure includes four pre-made characters and if you have never played the Star Wars FFG system then you are strongly encouraged to use one of them. They are: 41-VEX, a medical droid Colonist that seeks to gain mastery of medical skills and techniques; Pash, an easy-going human Smuggler that has been thrown around his whole life and is intent on taking back control of it; Oskara, a twi'lek Bounty Hunter who fears the schemes of Teemo will affect the safety of her people on Ryloth; and Lowhhrick, a wookiee Hired Gun forced into service as a bodyguard/gladiator looking for revenge and freedom. If none of these characters appeal to you, you can use one's stats but reskin it to fit the character you would like to play. If you have experience with the Star Wars FFG system, you are welcome to create your own character. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I currently have just the Beginner Game so I'm hoping to be able to buy other FFG books like the Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook, or the Genesys Rule Book. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
Bump!
Bump!
Still looking for players.
Hey Surgewolf - these will probably be deleted soon, but just wanted to share a fresh perspective. These pay-to-play games seem to have gotten popular lately, so there's definitely an appetite from some of the player base. I personally wouldn't pay to play either, but that just means this listing isn't for us. Gaming's golden rule: there's no wrong way to play as long as you aren't forcing your style on someone else. Best wishes with the game Lex ^

Edited 1557190174
Lex
Pro
Kyle W. said: Hey Surgewolf - these will probably be deleted soon, but just wanted to share a fresh perspective. These pay-to-play games seem to have gotten popular lately, so there's definitely an appetite from some of the player base. I personally wouldn't pay to play either, but that just means this listing isn't for us. Gaming's golden rule: there's no wrong way to play as long as you aren't forcing your style on someone else. Best wishes with the game Lex ^ Thanks for understanding. I put a lot of time into preparing and running these sessions, and I realize they are not for everyone. I have only the Edge of the Empire Beginner Game and so I'm hoping to get enough contributions to cover that cost I already put out ($25) and put some toward getting the core rulebook ($47). I've got the Roll20 pro ($100 a year) covered from other games I run, but that's still a benefit for this game since the Dice Roller Script is really handy. Star Wars FFG is unfortunately a rather expensive RPG given it has no digital availability. I spend more time and money on RPGs than I need to, but that's how I like to run things and I try to find players that enjoy my style of running enough to support it. To speak of the preparations I do, I include lots of maps, handouts, custom-made tokens, and both ambient and musical soundtracks. Given the time it takes to do all that, I find it fair for the players to contribute to the costs of materials and some compensation. It's very hard to advertise what my RPG sessions offer while avoiding spoilers, so I've tried with the following pictures from other one shots and mini-campaigns I've run. Call of Cthulhu Landing screen made in Photoshop: Small selection of CoC Handouts from a murder mystery: Fallout loading screen and handouts: Map I made for Fallout in Dungeon Painter Studio: Here are some custom Star Wars tokens I made, some for this game.
&nbsp;Quality work my friend. I'm sure your players will have a blast running through it.
Hello all, The&nbsp; General Guidelines &nbsp;clause of the&nbsp; Code of Conduct -- Looking for Group supplemental guidelines &nbsp;states: Only post on games you are actually interested in joining Refrain from posting replies that do not relate to the original post's request or topic As such, please keep all conversations about the original post which is looking for players. If this game does not interest you, please do not respond as per the&nbsp; Code of Conduct . Thank you!