Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bring Your Own Beat Bug Thread

Hi, I've recently started making use of Roll20 on android and I have noticed that I can not expand the playlists to view the individual songs within it by selecting the + icon. I have tried this on two different devices, so any assistance you could give would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Samtaku said: Hi, I've recently started making use of Roll20 on android and I have noticed that I can not expand the playlists to view the individual songs within it by selecting the + icon. I have tried this on two different devices, so any assistance you could give would be much appreciated! Thanks! Thanks for the report, Samtaku. Is that with the App or Table on Tablet with a mobile browser?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New issue.  I was playing a track that was 5.46 long and it stopped at 1.29.  When I try to start the track again, it's at 1.29 and won't play even though I manually stop it from playing.  So that track is sitting there completely stuck.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Exiting out and coming back into game reset the stuck tracks, but the tracks were totally stuck until I did this.  
First of all, very glad we have this new feature.  It's been a lifesaver for our games after Fanburst went down.  Just wanted to drop a couple of things I noticed while working on setting up playlists.  If we have a lot of playlists stored, is it possible when we first open the audio manager to have a "minimize all playlists" button so I can close those for a quick scroll search of playlist titles without having to see all the songs under them too?  They currently default for all accordions to be open and it does make just scrolling through for a specific playlist a bit of a hassle in this case. Another item that popped up during game use was looping a playlist didn't loop as expected.  It played through all the tracks as it should, and the tracks were set correctly to not have loop turned on so it would recognize them, but once it reached the end of the playlist the tracks stopped.  Then, if I tried to individually stop and start the tracks or the whole playlist up again, they refused to play until I refreshed the page.  
Kenton said: Samtaku said: Hi, I've recently started making use of Roll20 on android and I have noticed that I can not expand the playlists to view the individual songs within it by selecting the + icon. I have tried this on two different devices, so any assistance you could give would be much appreciated! Thanks! Thanks for the report, Samtaku. Is that with the App or Table on Tablet with a mobile browser? It's just when accessing the site on my browser. The browser I'm using is google chrome if that helps any. Thanks!
Hey Alnryn, Regarding the first half of your post, that would make a great suggestion over in the Suggestion and Ideas forum! :) As for the second section-- Does there seem to be any dependence on the number of songs that causes the behavior? Are these all uploaded songs or are they from a provided source such as Tabletop Audio? Does this only occur in a single game or can you reproduce it easily in a brand new game? Thanks!

Edited 1559175113
Thanks for replying Drespar!    I will certainly add that first bit in the suggestions forums :) Not sure yet on how it performs in a brand new game, but I will create a test one to see how it does and report back.  I can say that the playlist contains all songs I've uploaded.  Nothing from Incompetech or Tabletop Audio.   Another item of note, not sure if it matters, when I noticed the issue, another track was playing simutaneously in the background.  A SFX track that I uploaded, again, not from Tabletop Audio.   I'll test it again in Chrome and Firefox to see if it's a browser-specific issue as well.  Also, for fun, I'm testing it from a completely different machine than I normally use Roll20 on just to see if it's me.   :D Thank you again!  I'll let you know what my tests yield! EDIT:  Tested on the latest version of Chrome on a different computer and with all conditions being the same, it worked as expected, looped just fine.  Going to check the version of chrome I had on the other machine where the glitch happened and see if the don't match up.  I even tested using the new skip to next buttons in the playback functions and it still looped as expected.   Here's hoping it was just a fluke! :D Drespar said: Hey Alnryn, Regarding the first half of your post, that would make a great suggestion over in the Suggestion and Ideas forum! :) As for the second section-- Does there seem to be any dependence on the number of songs that causes the behavior? Are these all uploaded songs or are they from a provided source such as Tabletop Audio? Does this only occur in a single game or can you reproduce it easily in a brand new game? Thanks!
The only difference it seems was chrome version between the test machines.  After checking against both computers I tested it on and tried many different variables, but I could not recreate the error.  Since I updated to the latest version of Chrome on the original machine where the glitch occurred (which as of this post is  Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)) , I haven't seen the problem reappear.  I will certainly update if I see it return.  For now, thanks for humoring me! :D
Hi everyone, I've went through the past posts regarding error code 413 and it led me here finally. that being said, any news what's wrong? I get it when I try to upload an MP3 file size ranging from 11mb to 19mb
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
XTP said: Hi everyone, I've went through the past posts regarding error code 413 and it led me here finally. that being said, any news what's wrong? I get it when I try to upload an MP3 file size ranging from 11mb to 19mb Hi XTP - As I mentioned here , the Error 413 has to do with file sizes.  When files are uploaded, we run them through a processing procedure to get the file in an optimal format for synchronized streaming. There is a small set of circumstances where a file can be made larger after going through our processing. Basically, if a file has been downsampled significantly (like a very long mp3) then when it will get processed then fail to upload. To help troubleshoot, I'd ask you to convert that file to an Opus OGG at a 96 kbps bitrate with  one of these , and check the file size.

Edited 1559930333
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm still getting tracks that occasionally stop, or tracks that don't start (and show a length) and tracks that show no length.  Occasionally, these tracks hang and can't be removed via jukebox until I exit game and come back.  FYI This occurs long after I've been in game, so I know these aren't loading issues.  Looks to be an intermittent connection issue between game and music server.  
Hi, Every single track I've uploaded now appears in the Manage Audio / Tracks tab twice - not sure how long the list has been like this, but it wasn't like it at first. I can confirm that a new album I uploaded today has also appeared twice. Essentially, you get a long list of tracks that you have uploaded in order, each album appearing once, but then the list starts again after what should be the last song. e.g. Here you can see track 20 and 21 of God of War soundtrack which is the last album I uploaded today. Underneath that you can see the start of the NWN album I uploaded some time ago, tracks 01-05 being visible here, and this continues and includes another copy of everything I've uploaded, including another copy of God of War. If it's just cosmetic, I don't really care, but obviously I don't want to be using double storage on every song I upload - please can you let me know? Cheers, SS
Victor B. said: I'm still getting tracks that occasionally stop, or tracks that don't start (and show a length) and tracks that show no length.  Occasionally, these tracks hang and can't be removed via jukebox until I exit game and come back.  FYI This occurs long after I've been in game, so I know these aren't loading issues.  Looks to be an intermittent connection issue between game and music server.   I also get this issue - a track might hang, but then I can't restart it. I can play something else sometimes, not always though, and normally I have to refresh my browser which is a bit irritating.
I have been receiving the following error when uploading music on the dev server: It seems to work just fine on the live server. Additionally, all my music uploads on the dev server were deleted without my input, which I am guessing is due to the same issue that's causing my uploads to fail.
Hey y'all - I've been experiencing a bug for a while I'll set a track to play, but joining after it has started (or reconnecting) will result in no audio (despite the game showing a track as playing). This makes it difficult to create reliable background effects that are 'always on'. Is there a way around this? Is this an intended feature? Easy to reproduce this by joining a game with audio in-progress.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Jackson said: Hey y'all - I've been experiencing a bug for a while I'll set a track to play, but joining after it has started (or reconnecting) will result in no audio (despite the game showing a track as playing). This makes it difficult to create reliable background effects that are 'always on'. Is there a way around this? Is this an intended feature? Easy to reproduce this by joining a game with audio in-progress. Have you had this happen since Tuesday? In the update on June 18th , we updated the synchronizing feature. If you've had this issue happen since then, please send a support request to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and include the ID (in the URL on the Campaign Settings page) along with any audio that you've noticed this behavior with.
Simon S said: Hi, Every single track I've uploaded now appears in the Manage Audio / Tracks tab twice - not sure how long the list has been like this, but it wasn't like it at first. I can confirm that a new album I uploaded today has also appeared twice. Essentially, you get a long list of tracks that you have uploaded in order, each album appearing once, but then the list starts again after what should be the last song. e.g. Here you can see track 20 and 21 of God of War soundtrack which is the last album I uploaded today. Underneath that you can see the start of the NWN album I uploaded some time ago, tracks 01-05 being visible here, and this continues and includes another copy of everything I've uploaded, including another copy of God of War. If it's just cosmetic, I don't really care, but obviously I don't want to be using double storage on every song I upload - please can you let me know? Cheers, SS I'm also having the same issue as SS above where I've uploaded 4 tracks. Uploaded each of them once &amp; they show a duplicate. It's only in the Manage Audio / Tracks tab.
Hi, the tracks I uploaded before the big update still don't have waveforms and it's definitely been longer than a "couple of days" now. Is this going to be addressed at some point?

Edited 1562772388
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Thanks for the reports. I've opened a ticket, and we'll be researching doubled tracks. Can I ask, if you delete one of the doubled tracks does the other remain? TheEpicSnowWolf can you send an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> so we can take a look at your waveforms? Edit: &nbsp;The error message issue has been resolved as of July 2 .
Hey, i've tried absolutely everything, clearing my cache, compressing the mp4, converting into a low quality ogg, nothing prevents the 413 error for a sound file i need in my next session. Is there anything more i can do?
Kenton said: Thanks for the reports. I've opened a ticket, and we'll be researching doubled tracks. Can I ask, if you delete one of the doubled tracks does the other remain? It deletes both.
I keep getting error 413, despite converting the file using Kenton's link. The OGG file I got after running the original through the converter in the link is 14.7 MB, the audio length is 30 min. Any fixes/ideas?&nbsp;
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Christian said: I keep getting error 413, despite converting the file using Kenton's link. The OGG file I got after running the original through the converter in the link is 14.7 MB, the audio length is 30 min. Any fixes/ideas?&nbsp; I'd like to test with your file. Could you please send it to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and say "Send this to Kenton"?
I am encountering a problem uploading tracks to the Jukebox, when I upload a track in game or using the new out of game app I get a spinning wheel and then an empty bar that doesn't move.
Hello Steven H., I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with uploading tracks and apologize for any delayed response.&nbsp; Can you verify that you have tried the troubleshooting steps by using both Firefox and Chrome, cleared your cache, and turned off all add-ons/extensions? Additionally, please make certain your audio file is a supported file type .&nbsp; If you are still having an issue, please&nbsp; thoroughly work through &nbsp; Step 4 &nbsp;of the troubleshooting guide . &nbsp; (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thanks!