Advertisement Create a free account

API no longer triggering sheet workers

Cassie
Roll20 Team
Greetings folks, Currently APIs are not triggering sheet workers as they should. The cause of the issue has been identified and I am working on a bug fix now. Unfortunately this will likely not be completed for before the weekend. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause API users. Rest assured we are working to find a resolution to this issue. Thank you, Cassie
Evan
Pro
@cassie Is this resolved?

Edited 1558621559
Cassie
Roll20 Team
Greetings Evan, I believe it has not. Can you give it a try and confirm it is working for you? Thanks, Cassie
Cassie Could this be related to an API error that's been seen by multiple people: Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.)
Cassie
Roll20 Team
Greetings Skepickle, That's a different issue related to an infrastructure upgrade .
So I guess that the issues still has not been resolved?  Our character sheets for our FFG SW game still is not responding.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Hi Cassie, Is there any update on when this issue will be resolved? I'm still getting no joy on this issue .
Cassie
Roll20 Team
Greetings, It is currently not fixed and I have asked the powers that be for an update. Sorry for the delays. - Cassie
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Thanks, Cassie!
Michael G.
Pro
API Scripter
Is this issue the sheetworker issue or is it unrelated?
Kenton
Roll20 Team
Hello API fans. Thanks for your patience while we work through this issue. What we're finding is inconsistencies in Sheet Workers called from the API, but I wanted to ask for your help with specific APIs and Character Sheets that are not working. We don't need every failure, but enough to fully encapsulate the scope of the issue. Please leave a comment with the API, the Character Sheet, and the error you received.
Thanks Kenton, I'm experiencing problems with the 5E OGL sheet when toggling Global Damage Modifier via ChatSetAttr. The error message is  "GLOBALDAMAGE" "ReferenceError: update_attacks is not defined" "ReferenceError: update_attacks is not defined\n at Object.eval [as -LcY3Gj_eveqSdhNFnNf//repeating_damagemod_-LcY3bPUU4GzEMcGqZwZ//0.06484943159589673] (eval at messageHandler (evalmachine.<anonymous>:284:6), <anonymous>:4169:25)\n at _fullfillAttrReq (evalmachine.<anonymous>:259:31)\n at messageHandler (evalmachine.<anonymous>:296:6)\n at process.<anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:60:55)\n at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)\n at process.emit (events.js:194:7)\n at process.nextTick (internal/child_process.js:766:12)\n at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)" Cheers

Edited 1562720420
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Sheetworker API failure example API Script : ChatSetAttr Sheet : D&D5e by Roll20 Command that fails: !setattr --sel --repeating_damagemod_$0_global_damage_active_flag|1 Expected Behavior : Check referenced Global Damage modifier and activate it Actual Behavior : Checks box, but Global Damage Modifier does not actually activate. You must toggle the box manually for this to happen. More Info : The inverse of this comand: !setattr --sel --repeating_damagemod_$0_global_damage_active_flag|0 works identically: toggles box off, but does not deactivate modifier. ChatSetAttr has setting to "use sheetworkers"; this has been set to ON. This solution may be related to the D&D5e by Roll20 sheet. Similar steps do work on Shaped sheet for 5e.
Sheetworker Failure Example API Script : ChatSetAttr Sheet : D&D5e by Roll20 Command that fails : !modbattr --silent --sel --exhaustion_level|?{Add or Subtract?|Add,+1|Subtract,-1} Expected behavior : Exhaustion level incremented by 1 (plus or minus) and description of exhaustion effects updates on character sheet (disadvantage at level 1, speed halved at level two, etc.) Actual behavior : Level increments, but nothing appears in exhaustion field except the words "No effect" (as if no exhaustion is present) and odd characters (white question marks against black background) More info : Toggling the exhaustion levels up or down manually in the sheet produces the desired description in the field. It's just not working via API.
I can't get the 13th Age API working properly. Commands like !edie and !setup do nothing afaik.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Delos A. said: I can't get the 13th Age API working properly. Commands like !edie and !setup do nothing afaik. Do those commands use Sheetworkers? That's the subject of this thread. Just checking, because I'd really like this fixed, and don't want to cloud the waters.

Edited 1563297887
Seph
Pro
Sheetworker API failure example API Script : ChatSetAttr Sheet : Pathfinder by Roll20 Command : !setattr --sel --condition_<any>|<1 or 0> OR !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_<$id>_toggle|<1 or 0> Expected Behavior : Actual Behavior : More Info : Only observable if multiple conditions or multiple buffs are toggled on, whether or not they are specified by the command. Example: Helpless, Paralyzed, and a custom buff are marked as active. If the !setattr command is used to toggle the buff to off, the issue still occurs even though the toggle values for Helpless and Paralyzed were not changed by the command. Other changes to the sheet based on the relevant condition/buff happen normally. This issue doesn't cause any error messages to appear in the API. Natha said [ forum post ]: [...] This is weird. But it seems like the sheet worker code on the sheet is not behaving as expected when called "from" the API. The characters added between two conditions are a space, a bullet point and another space. So it seems that the character encoding is not properly done when going through API, and then the sheet workers. [...]