Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] Ghosts of Saltmarsh Official Bug Thread

DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
John C. - This issue should be fixed by right clicking on the boat token and hitting "Send to Back".  Other things you might try for more token control: Share the character sheet with the players, but set the token itself to blank (no one controls it) instead of controlled by all players Place the boat token on the Map layer. Players will still be able to roll attacks and such with the character sheet, but the GM will need to move the token.
I'm a little confused Chapter 6 Final Enemy, The Mission begins handout, Room 4 mentions "One of the coffers glows, its blue light filling the room." in the flavor text but doesn't explain anything in the GM notes. I checked the original 1983 version of and it has no mention of the blue glow. Seems like some information is missing maybe?
Looks like there is no explanation for the glowing coffer in the print version of Ghosts of Saltmarsh either. Roll20 can only include what Wizards of the Coast gives them.
Rabulias said: Looks like there is no explanation for the glowing coffer in the print version of Ghosts of Saltmarsh either. Roll20 can only include what Wizards of the Coast gives them. Yeah that's what i was thinking had happened. I didn't have access to the new book, except for the Roll20 Version. Thanks Rabulias So I guess im making it a Lightstone for those poor non-darkvision players ;)
Monster attacks and spells automatically whispering to the GM. Not set to do so in the "Game Settings." System: Firefox Quantum 67.0.1 (64-bit) Windows 10 (64bit) No extensions enabled.

Edited 1560129677
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Have you applied the settings in game? The out of game settings only sets for newly created character sheets. Be sure to set the to whisper toggle instead of never whisper - there is a bug that prevents the in game settings to use the never whisper setting. Full details on how to apply settings in game here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game</a>
Nope on having made it in game. I've made very few changes to the basic setup of the module. All the monsters have this applied, and I haven't taken the time to do that. None of my other module/non-module games have this issue.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You'll need to apply it in game using the directions I posted. This module defaults with whispered rolls, so you'll need to apply the default settings in game.
LOL. Now I get this when I click on a monsters "Character Sheet" tab I get this: Also, the already created PC sheets now default to opening in the charactermancer.
Help, I bought the WotC preorder to be able to play this, now the preorder is only selling the complete module with all the tools, bells, whistles, art, tokens, as a silver issue for again the same price I just paid.&nbsp; &nbsp;and.... when i get to Roll20, I have to buy it a THIRD time?&nbsp; no.&nbsp; I wont do it
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Valiance - The Roll20 version of Ghosts of Saltmarsh includes a complete conversion and integration of the book into the Roll20 Tabletop and compendium entries and Charactermancer options for relevant information. If you have the physical copy, you can of course run the adventures! You would just need to set them up yourself on Roll20.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Sherm - Can you please check on the Game Settings page that your settings match these:
Thank you Trivia, pardon my irritation, I realize it is a WotC thing.&nbsp; &nbsp; When I go to upload a map image I have scanned from the book, it will not allow me to upload the image.&nbsp; &nbsp;I had taken this as a block against anything Saltmarsh, and I now realize&nbsp; I may just need permission to upload from Roll20.&nbsp; &nbsp;I am not sure where to go to find this permission.&nbsp; I once had it when my account was pro, but now that I renewed as a plus member temporarily, I wonder if this may have FUBARd the upload permissions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can check the account storage limits. You may have bumped against them, particularly if you have uploaded a lot of audio. It's under "My Account". Also, check the size of your map scan. If it is close to the maximum individual upload size (not sure, graphic files may not have this), you might need to split it into several pieces.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ah I understand better now, thank you Valiance -&nbsp; As Keith has said, you may have reached either your account limit (and can remove some old unused assets from your Art Library to rectify this) or individual image upload limit (10mb for Plus/Pro, 5mb for Free accounts) Let me know if that helps!
It says on my account page I have 92M of 3072MB, but, even if I am over, I do not see how to delete any information from it.&nbsp; &nbsp;How would I go about making deletions? 92MB / 3072MB
I have found out how to delete items, it is file by file, right click &gt;&gt; delete. so, I have some trash to take out I believe.&nbsp; &nbsp;also, I am going to look up the max file size for the Map, in JPG format, the file is 16M, i am betting its too big.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
if you are 92MB of 3072MB, you should be fine. 16M is a pretty big map, yes. You will get better performance if you slice it up and/or save it at a higher compression rate.&nbsp;
isn't it a 10mb limit to uploading images?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I read that page in the wiki three times, because I knew that info was there, and missed it each time. Lord, I'm senile. Yes, 10MB limit. Valiance, split your map into 2 pieces or save it at a quality below 10MB and you should be fine.
Detailed description of the problem The Character: Drowned Blade is missing it's character sheet data. When you open the character and click on Character Sheet it opens the create new dialog. Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Add core module to game.&nbsp; In journal navigate to Creatures &amp; Monsters -&gt; Drowned Creatures -&gt; Drowned Blade Open character, click on the Character Sheet tab. Supplemental &nbsp;Information I duplicated the Drowned Ascetic and added the Rusted Longsword attack to get around this issue.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you Rodger, I'll get that looked into
I created a new game with the GSM module and added Tameraut's Fate as a game add on.&nbsp; The chapter section in the Journal lists it as Chapter 6 (the same as Final Enemy), but it is Chapter 7.
I confirmed that Tammerau's Fate is listed as Chapter 6 instead Chapter 7. Moving report here: Mosuii &nbsp;said: This is not a bug more of a mistyping?&nbsp; in Ghost of the Saltmarshes if you add all the extra modules to the game.&nbsp; You end up with 2 chapters 6 both The final Enemy and Tammeraut's Fate Since one comes after the other and they don't occur at the same time I figured it must have been a typo maybe.
Missing content: Maps lack light sources. I have to go through myself and add torches to every room that describes it as having torches, etc. Likewise light sources outside, for example the exterior of the Haunted House. Example: Torches added and set up manually. Maps affected:&nbsp; - I haven't checked Chapter 5-8 yet. But maps affected in Chapters 1-4 are listed below - Rooms lack torches and light sources listed in descriptions Cellar and Caverns Sea Ghost Lizardfolk Lair - Exteriors unlit by environment Warthalkeel Wreck of the Marshal Cove Reef
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, looking forward to tackling these bugs and thank you all for your reports! I hope to have updates for you soon.

Edited 1571339846
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Ghosts of Saltmarsh Patch 1.2 Global Illumination set for selected maps. Danger at Dunwater Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps. The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps. The Final Enemy Patch 1.1 Added dynamic lighting light sources to selected maps. Tammeraut's Fate Patch 1.1 Changed the chapter number to 7.

Edited 1571173645
I cant seem to get Danger at Dunwater content to load in my game or in a new game. Other ones work fine but journal entries are empty and no maps are added when I install this addon. Is there any tips on getting to the content?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Chris - You should be able to access the content now, but we're investigating the issue, which seems to have been caused by yesterday's patch.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
We've reverted the following patches: Ghosts of Saltmarsh Patch 1.2, Danger at Dunwater 1.1, The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh 1.1, The Final Enemy 1.1, and Tammeraut's Fate 1.1. More info incoming, but all content should now be available and functioning.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Closing this thread! Please direct any future bug reports to the Wizards of the Coast Megathread .