Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More detailed game scheduling.

Score + 99
Expand the Calendar section on the game page to allow scheduling of multiple games in advanced or to allow a recurring weekly game.  This would replace the current Next Game Will Be  system. Bonus: The function for players to block out their availability on the Calendar. This would facilitate easier scheduling.  
I could see something similar to my college online scheduler being useful.  It shows two weeks ahead, in a calander form, with my classes blocked out and the option to add items like "study group", etc..  Also may be useful to add a "check-in list" of players in a particular game.  As players become sure of their attendance they could check the box.  
I end up having to use other social media for this and would like something that makes that sort of communication better on this site
+1 I'm using Google Calendar to schedule now, but having a more robust scheduling system in house would be welcome.
Gold
Forum Champion
yes please help organize game times less herding
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I have so many votes unspent, but this definitely deserves one.
I'd definitely like this sort of thing. The weekly recurring game's can already kind of be done, since the "schedule game" button automatically sets it to the next date at the same time, but you still have to press the button.
A scheduling calendar is one of those small but must have features for the winner in the virtual tabletop market.
Of note, there are several posts like this, all with varying amounts of votes. Someone at Roll20 should really be consolidating these, at my total “better calendar” posts have a total of 61 votes over 3 posts. Please give us a more robust scheduling system.
Darius S. said: Of note, there are several posts like this, all with varying amounts of votes. Someone at Roll20 should really be consolidating these, at my total “better calendar” posts have a total of 61 votes over 3 posts. Please give us a more robust scheduling system. Do they consolidate posts?  
After 2 months it doesn’t seem so. There are a lot of ideas in the suggestion forum that are similar, and have votes spread across them. Just seems like a missed opportunity to not consolidate them. Andrew said: Darius S. said: Of note, there are several posts like this, all with varying amounts of votes. Someone at Roll20 should really be consolidating these, at my total “better calendar” posts have a total of 61 votes over 3 posts. Please give us a more robust scheduling system. Do they consolidate posts?  

Edited 1592197507
I totally agree. This needs to be consolidated to get the votes needed. I desperately need this. Related posts include: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3537/planning-calendar" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3537/planning-calendar</a>
I think, what might be needed, is to get the people who want this together, consolidate the ideas on our own, and actively push to get this done. Unfortunately, the ideas that get worked on are those with high votes, which is driven by the community and almost overwhelmingly focused on a few game systems.&nbsp;
My game adverts always go down after a session as I never remember to update this until the next day... If only these threads were consolidated &amp; noticed.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've joined a group that doesn't use Discord to schedule, and this is definitely something that I'd love to have.
Great idea, would be really helpful for bi-weekly games
Bumping this! Would love a more robust calendar.&nbsp;
Yes Please!
- Ability to set a regular gaming basis for a game (with the option to delete individual sessions): please! Pretty please! - Ability for players to block their availability for a date: oh, yes, please! - E-mail reminder / calendar integration into Outlook/thunderbird etc: would be great!
Necrothreading to bump this up again. A very important update, I am surprised it wasn't implemented from the get go!
I would like the option of say, 1st and 3rd Thursdays... Every other week gets wonky when you have a commitment on, for example, the second Thursday of each month.&nbsp;
+1, I would really like to see multiple games in advance (or recurring), a reminder email some period before the game, and some kind of player check-in (which the email could provide a link for), added.
HOW IS THIS NOT A THING YET ROLL20?! IS IT MONEY?! DO YOU WANT MORE MONEY?! DO A KICKSTARTER FOR THIS FEATURE AND WATCH HOW FAST YOU GET THE MONEY SO LONG AS ITS FREE FOR EVERYONE AFTER! ITS BEEN 4 YEARS SINCE THIS HAS BEEN POSTED AND ITS STILL NOT A FEATURE!&nbsp; for real....get on it roll20
Eldritch is right, how is this not a thing yet?