Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

4th edition macro help

So I'm brand new when it comes to macros. I'm playing a level 5 ranger using an inescapable greatbow Inescapable weapon -  Each time you miss a target with this weapon, you gain a cumulative +1 bonus (up to the weapon’s enhancement bonus) to your next attack roll with this weapon against the same target. The bonus ends if you attack a different target or when you hit. Here is the macro I have for a basic ranged attack Basic Ranged At-Will ✦ Standard ✦ Martial, Weapon, Ranged 25/50 ✦ One creature /me attacks with a [[1d20 + 10 ]] vs AC. Hit : [[1d12+6]] damage Miss: +1 to next attack vs same target (Crit : [[ 10+6+1d6 ]]) How would I incorporate that +1 on a miss to the next attack (Due to the inescapable weapon)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Macros cant store results from one roll to the next. You need to enter it manually. You could do it with a query, like this /me attacks with a [[1d20 + 10 +?{Did You Miss?|yes,1|no,0} ]] vs AC. You'll have to deal with that prompt every time.

Edited 1559572431
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think that would be cumulative. How about this? /me attacks with a [[1d20 + 10 +?{How many times have you missed this target?}]] vs AC.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I missed it was meant to be cumulative. Good spot.
Thanks so much you guys but how would I add a question to include an additional 1d6 to damage (for Hunter's Quarry?)