Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple (I think) Macro Help Please

Hi all, I'm trying to create a macro that rolls an X in 6 chance of success, basically LoTP style. Then shows it in a neat box with the Skill name, the roll result and if it was a success or failure. I need X to reference the attribute in the character sheet. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edited 1559754740
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The styling will require a roll template which will depend on your character sheet (or you can use the default template as shown below): &{template:default} {{athletics=[[1d6<@{athletics}]]}} It displays 0 for failure and 1 for success. To have words displayed instead of numbers would require a custom character sheet with a roll template designed for that, or a custom API script could do it as well.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If it is words ye seek, check out this little workaround using a couple of rollable tables, it can't help with the 'display the roll result' bit but does give scope for custom results based on the standard 0/1 output for success measurement.

Edited 1559927426
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Good point Ziechael, and with a 1d6, it'd even be feasible to make table for each possible success point. EDIT: And ignore this post. I was thinking of another workaround. Ziechael's works much better and works for any number of possibles.
Thanks all, i'll try these out over the weekend!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For clarity, I've written my workaround up in the Stupid Tricks thread , a great resource to have a look through. Here is the specific link to my 'trick' .