Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with macros haggling

Edited 1560013768
Hi everybody, I had an idea for the creation of a macros haggling in the settlements, but unfortunately it doesn't work at all and I need some help. If you make this roll = [[1d20cf<17]] the result will turn red or green depending on the success of the roll. Bearing this in mind perform a macro for a character to haggle in different places: [[10+1d5+?{Place of haggle|Village,5|Town,8|city,10|Big city,12|Metropolis,15}]]cf<[[1d20+?{How might your character haggle?|Seducción haggle,@{selected|persuasion_bonus}|Agressive haggle,@{selected|intimidation_bonus}|Lies haggle,@{selected|deception_bonus}}+?{Are you proficent in the haggle?|Yes,@{selected|pb}|No,}]] doesn't work the way I want it to. I would like it to give a single result with red or green color depending on the modifier resulting from the settlement. Could someone throw a little light into my despair pit? Please :)
you might need to put in the coresponding critical success bracket too, 1d20 cs>18cf<17 then you might need to include the settlement modifier into the bracket breakdowns, 1d20cs>[[18-Mod]]cf<[[17-Mod]] maybe that will be helpful to you
Aranador said: you might need to put in the coresponding critical success bracket too, 1d20 cs>18cf<17 then you might need to include the settlement modifier into the bracket breakdowns, 1d20cs>[[18-Mod]]cf<[[17-Mod]] maybe that will be helpful to you Thx Aranador I try to do a simple macro like this: [[(1d20+3)cs>18cf<17]] but dont work. Maybe cs only work with a roll and not with a funcion because i did this macro and work: [[1d20cs>[[18-1d3]]cf<[[17-1d4]]]] The problem its that almost need work like this o similar: [[1d20+Mod]]cs>[[18-1d3]]cf<[[17-1d4]]]]
So, the CS and CF breaks apply to the face value of the die, you need to roll the d20, with its success/failure point, make those points 'move', and then apply your modifier.  So, if I am understanding what you are after, you might need the following: 1d20cs[[20-Mod]]cf[[19-Mod]]+Mod