Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Compendium Inventory "Storage" hand-outs

So it'd be really nice to have a separate sheet where you could drag and drop compendium inventory/equipment items (or just hand outs even) into a sheet that you could then show players like a hand-out. Mostly for things like shops, loot, or party storage. Or the party finds a some treasure, "what's in the chest?" boom! show them the "chest handout" and the players can split gold, drag and drop items and so on. It would also help for campaigns that have a shared wagon/ship of some kind. So that the party can stash things that might be handy, but also might not be ALWAYS available. Also bonus features could include; Auto-gold management: splitting gold, or adding/subtracting gold for shop inventories. linking it to a token so when the playing click it (or right click it) the hand out pops up on their screen. listing items in a table sorted by various filters. It might have to be compendium specific but things like gold cost, weight, item level etc. Links to each items individual compendium handout/bookmark. I know this sounds like Fantasy Grounds, parcel system... frankly because it is... but i still think it'd be a huge quality of life upgrade for most games.
Hell yes, I would love this. Handy for shared party loot, dragon hoards, shop inventories etc.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Although it won't help with being able to drag and drop from the compendium onto a commonly-owned sheet, if the GM drags an item into the game and makes it visible to all players, it could be linked from a shared "Inventory" handout. Instructions on that are in the wiki . What you are asking for could be done by a character sheet editor or in a custom sheet, however, by adding a tab to a sheet that would then accept dropped items from the compendium.
Stephanie B. said: Although it won't help with being able to drag and drop from the compendium onto a commonly-owned sheet, if the GM drags an item into the game and makes it visible to all players, it could be linked from a shared "Inventory" handout. Instructions on that are in the wiki . What you are asking for could be done by a character sheet editor or in a custom sheet, however, by adding a tab to a sheet that would then accept dropped items from the compendium. I guess that's one way to do it, but i think i'm looking for a more user friendly way to add and subtract items from sheets. I know this isn't a video game but it's easy to take for granted things like automatically adding up your encumbrance or gold tracking and such. So what i'm looking for is more something to help automate the process. My usual players sometimes forget things like "did i add that 200 gold we got last session? 1700 gp seems about right though". Or i'll roll up a loot table for them and they don't take half of the items and no body edits the table itself to note who took what. Then later when i give them a chance to sell uneeded items and such, they forget about the handout completely. And there might be some items the players don't want to carry around but want to stash in their Wagon/Ship for later use. This comes up a lot in my Starfinder game. And it's a little obnoxious to have to "Edit" the Ship inventory hand out, because the standard Ship character sheet doesn't have a compendium compatible inventory space, just a random cargo/passengers text box So i guess a more accurate way to put it would be i need an easier way for my players to manager their own inventory, and for me as the GM to distribute loot. I was thinking a drag and drop system would work well because some character sheets already support a similar feature. (namely, the DnD 5e, and soon the Starfinder character sheets). I've made hand outs in the past that tried to link things to other handouts/compendium items, but we rarely need the handout for a specific item. So my suggestion would be if i could take Compendium Compatible items (Or custom compendium compatible items, but that's a topic for another forum) then i could still make the hand out, or perhaps using a different custom sheet like u suggested, have a "storage" list that holds item and shows their basic information like weight, approx. cost, maybe item level etc. Then if it were possible to drag those items from the "Storage" hand out to a PC's sheet, while also subtracting from the Storage. As for gold/currency management, you it a step further and add GM tools (that only GM's see) that could "sell" items at a given percent of their gold cost. Or split the gold amount in the "storage" handout and add it to selected character sheets.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .