Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

World Map Creator?

Hey, so I recently introduced my girlfriend to DnD and she has been loving it! We've been using roll20 just to implement characters and character sheets and just keep track of quests and stuff that she plans on doing; that being said we have been doing everything else from PURE imagination, including travelling and it's getting a little complex now being 10+ hours into a campaign where I kind of need a map as a reference and maybe even a way to make towns so that she can remember them more definitively. Any suggestions? I was thinking of just drawing some out myself but I think I rolled a 3 for performance...
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Maybe this? <a href="https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/town/" rel="nofollow">https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/town/</a>
I was thinking more of creating my own, would love to be able to manipulate the objects they give me there to actually create something I alreayd have in my head, does this exist; do you know?

Edited 1561564566
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'd recommend wonderdraft as the map editor. Just make sure to keep image size in mind for uploading to Roll20. There are also many great map tiles on the marketplace that can be used with gimp/Photoshop to assemble a map. Edit: here's a regional map&nbsp;I made in wonderdraft for a campaign I'm dming. We use this in Roll20 to plan out travel and give a sense of scale to places: EDIT the second: Embedded image
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
inkarnate.com is also very good, you can make 1024x768 maps with free account I believe, twice that with pro...
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'll second the mention of Wonderdraft.&nbsp; Once you figure out the file structure, inserting custom assets from the web or your own design is pretty simple.&nbsp; It is mainly for open world mapping due to mainly being set up for geological features (mountains, hills, cliffs, forests, rivers, lakes, etc.).&nbsp; Doing a town isn't as easy with the included assets due to lack of individual buildings. If you find assets you like on the marketplace (buildings and such), you should be able to turn them into usable Wonderdraft assets with a little fiddling.&nbsp; Which is something I didn't think of until reading your post, so I will be doing that myself before too long!
Hello Wig, From the&nbsp; Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly relating to the Roll20 program and systems. Anything that could more fittingly be discussed on another site should be discussed there. As such, I am going to close this post. However, here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/ADND /r/Pathfinder_RPG /r/savageworlds /r/shadowrun /r/swrpg /r/40krpg /r/warhammerfantasyrpg /r/WhiteWolfRPG /r/gamemasters