Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Shaped][Macro] Ok Saves fully Macro'd. What about Skills and Ability Checks?

Edited 1564478354
I'm looking over the documentation and can't find anything that opens the Ability and Skills Checks up to an easy Macro.  Am I missing something or is this not setup in the sheet? I set this little gem up to pass to someone I want to have make a saving throw: /w @{selected|token_name} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=Private DM-Called Save}}{{saving_throw_vs_ability=?{Saving Throw?|STRENGTH|DEXTERITY|CONSTITUTION|INTELLIGENCE|WISDOM|CHARISMA|DEATH}}} {{saving_throw_dc=?{DC?|10}}} {{content=The DM has called this save on your character.  For your convenience, select your character and click on the link above}} But I was looking for a way to do the same for Ability (ex. STRENGTH) or Skill (ex. ATHLETICS), but can't find a way to do so.  The idea being that they can select their token and click a link, rather than go to the character sheet to do it.  Sometimes my players scramble to find the simplest of things, alot of them are new.  Shaped's character sheet makes a lot of that tedium much easier...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Take a look at this script . This post in particular has the equivalent of shaped statblock macro. I have experimented with using Customizable Roll Listener to call up a specialized save as well. The only problem is that it parses the DC at the time of coding, not on-the-fly, so the DC is set. If you ignore that, it works pretty well. Every time an ability in a roll template calls for a save, creates a text box similar to what you have posted.  I'll try and find the code.

Edited 1564500004
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I use Groupcheck for saving throws, since it also has the capability to roll for multiple targets simultaneously, and apply normal and save damage appropriately, if necessary. Here is the CRL filter for looking to see if a Dex saving throw is called for: And here is what the result looks like. Fortunately, the roll template supplies the DC: To allow player access, just remove the "/w gm " from the front of the "execute these commands" field.
Yeah - I have used Groupcheck.  And I see what you are doing, I was just wondering if there was something built into the sheet in the same way saves are for skill and ability types of checks.  So far I haven't seen anything similar to the {{saving_throw_versus_ability}} field that would be for Ability and Skill checks to be macro'd.  I was wondering if that was the case for everyone else that has dived into the deeper workings of the shaped sheet ...
So far I'm really trying to figure out how to call and receive back something that uses this: @{selected|strength_check_formula} It's a bit difficult to decipher how you want to output to chat what you want processed on return ... usually the sheet handles that ...
That doesn't even begin to cover the fun in dealing with skill checks.  Because they are setup on an array, I'm not sure if you can tackle them at all: @{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{ability=1}} {{character_name=@{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|character_name}}} @{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|show_character_name} {{title=Deception (^{CHA})}} {{@{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|repeating_skill_-lg9kunobhaww0igzlhf_skill_d20}=1}} {{roll1=[[@{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|repeating_skill_-lg9kunobhaww0igzlhf_skill_d20_wrap} + 3[proficient] + 3[cha]]]}} {{roll2=[[@{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|repeating_skill_-lg9kunobhaww0igzlhf_skill_d20_wrap} + 3[proficient] + 3[cha]]]}} @{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|hide_gm_info} @{Lord Edregard Haverthrusk|attacher_skill}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I completely misunderstood. I thought you were looking for a way to duplicate the Shaped functions in OGL. Derp. I have some code I can send, but won't be able to go digging for it until later today. There is a macro for saves. Skill checks are probably best handled with a chat menu than a drop down.