Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New from Maptools (local saves?)

Hey everyone, I'm a veteran of Maptools for a decade, new game and looking to try roll20. Looking over the setup it seems fairly easy to figure out except some nuances. Something that terrifies me is I don't see a way to backup my campaigns locally. One of the more recent threads was of someone losing a campaign. I would feel infinity better if there was a way to locally save my games, and possibly load/use them without being online. Is there a way to do this in roll20? I think it would be a dealbreaker if I cannot. Another minor question, most of our games are in person, the avatar feature is there a way to load an image rather than a camera?
1564943049
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's no way to backup a campaign locally. For archive purposes, you can make as many copies of a campaign as you want, whenever you want, and they'll have everything in it. For the record, I dont know how people manage to delete their campaigns accidentally. To do so, you have to click on a dropdown, select Delete Campaign , then you get a warning that you are about to delete your campaign, and to confirm it you have to manually type the word " delete " into a box and then click OK.  So, I wouldnt worry about that. For you final question, If you switch off the camera, it will show your avatar pic in that box, and you can change your avatar inside each campaign. 
1564947150
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think it's so much accidentally deleting a campaign, rather than accidentally deleting the wrong campaign.
1564947326
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aha, that makes more sense. I could easily see that happening.
1564950228
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
It does not help that 'Clear Chat Archive' and 'Delete Game' are right next to each other.  The first asks you to type 'confirm', the other requires 'delete'... which are both logical responses for either activity.  I try to be hyper careful each time I'm clearing my chat archive :P :) GiGs has the rest of your questions covered, bran b., so welcome aboard :)