Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exporting Chat Log or making Chat Archive single page?

Hello! I'm currently GM-ing a campaign with 4 players, and usually we would regularly save our chat archive by simply downloading the entire page (courtesy of&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2920615/exporting-chat-log" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2920615/exporting-chat-log</a> ). Ever since the change some time ago, the chat archive is now paginated and I find the trick no longer possible. In the interest of keeping a big archive I can just CTRL+F to find the specific information I need, is there any way to completely export our chat log in its entirety without having to download dozens of pages and compiling them?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time, the answer is no. Each page has to be copied and saved that I know of.
Yeah.. That's a really suboptimal way of setting up the chat logs given one of my current ongoing campaigns is over 1500+ pages long and both myself and my players rely on ctl +f to find relevant info mentioned many sessions ago about key locations and NPC's... Can we at least get some kind of option to print the entire thing out as a single PDF because copying and pasting over 1500 pages would be a giant pain in the arse.
Yeah, I posted my concerns a while back. Roll20 has responded with silence. Sadly, my issues with memory make searchable logs a top priority, and I'll have to find another venue. :(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Actually Roll20 has responded several times to this issue. For some reason, the main thread started on Pro and has never been moved. That should have been changed immediately.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is the latest post, from yesterday (Tuesday) Stephanie B. &nbsp;said: Hi, folks. Just a quick update. As Drespar said above, we’re not done with the chat archive functions. We’ve heard you and we are adding a toggle to show all archives on one page. Although that still won’t work well for games with very large chat archives (they’ll continue to work with pagination), for most of you, it should help meet your needs. Paginated chat archives will remain the default, so that those with very large games can still access their archives. Thanks for your patience! As we continue these chat archive improvements, they’ll be put on the Dev server for a few days before going live, so you’ll have the chance to try them out.
Having tried this "one page" button myself on a very lengthy text based campaign archive (1 &amp; 1/2 years + running) I am happy to report it works without issues, and was able to load my relatively sizeable (50+ pages paginated) campaign in under 2 minutes on my desktop computer. (Granted older slower rigs or laptops, or people with slow connection speeds may take considerably longer to load)&nbsp; Really glad they listened on this given how beneficial this is to my current campaign.