Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Deleting Songs from your "My Audio" section to save space.

So I've searched on this time and time again, and as somebody who really doesn't want to fork over money to use Roll20 at a tolerable rate, I am constantly unable to upload more music, as well as more image assets because the storage quota between those seems to be shared.  The songs take up the most space, and I have had to delete literally everything from a past game, the game itself (One that was intended to be continued later) and more.  This is highly frustrating, because ever since the My Audio thing was added and the fanburst was taken down, it has become impossible for me to give players the variety they want.  Everything I've seen about My Audio only tells me how to delete the songs from the Jukebox.  Well guess what? Those songs are still stored on the cloud for Roll20 and still count towards your quota no matter what game you delete them from.  There does not appear to be any method of delete these songs from your storage, so if you don't have premium and have uploaded a bunch of songs, you're just screwed.  Can somebody please shed light on, and/or fix this HORRIBLE   oversight?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To delete a song from MyAudio (not your game's jukebox), go to the MyAudio panel and click on the name of the track. This will put it in edit mode and allow you to delete it form your storage. More complete instructions are here , but here's the relevant part: How to Upload Music and Sound Files From the My Audio tab, drag files to the box marked with dashed line, and "Drop media files here to upload." A square will appear to represent the file as it's being processed. Once complete, the file will show up in the list of files. Once there, you can click: The title of the track to edit the track title and open the track edit tools The track title, then trash can icon to delete the track The Add To dropdown to add the track to a playlist or to the game The play icon to preview the track The Add button to add tags to the track for easier searching
Whaaaat!  It was THAT simple all along?  Wow.  Thank you, that saves me from a lot of trouble.  I never would have thought about doing that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Don't worry. It's a commonly-enough asked question that it probably needs to be more prominently displayed in the wiki page.
In all honesty a minor tweak that could possibly take place is just having those things available without going into this 'edit mode.' What fooled me was that hovering over the name of the song turns the cursor into a text input cursor, so I thought it would only change the title of the song itself and nothing else.  If this is in place to keep people from accidentally deleting songs, I think it's a rather moot point, because it gives you an "are you sure" prompt when you do-so, anyway.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is an odd interface quirk, no argument. It's pretty low on the pecking order of things I'd like to see fixed or added, though.
I get what you mean; my biggest issue is constantly the amount of cloud storage for games.  I would like to see the cloud for image assets and songs be two separate things, but beggers can't be choosers.