Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Inline die roll that shows sums and successes?

PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
So I am trying to figure out if this is possible. I'd like to be able to make it an inline roll but if I can figure out how to do it in any fashion, I can probably figure out a way to make it work. Basically, what I'm trying to do is roll a number of d6, get a tally of the roll AND get a count of every success in the roll (6's). Example: Dave rolls 5d6. His results are 1, 3, 5, 6, and 6. His sum is 21 with 2 "successes". So in my roll template I would like to be able to show his sum and his number of successes. I'm aware that I could just do the roll as a standard roll with sorting and count all the sixes but I'm trying to make it as a clean output on a roll template. Everything I've read so far leads me to believe that I can't do this but I'm hoping someone out there may know differently.  
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's no way to do this using the standard macro system. As a Pro user, you can do it with a custom script. I'm pretty sure I've posted a solution like this in the past. Do you use the standard roll template, or does it have custom formatting?

Edited 1565809569
PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
My roll template has custom formatting. I was really hoping to avoid using a script as I wanted the sheet to be usable by anyone. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be possible but I just wanted to be positive. And I held out a tiny bit of hope that someone might have figured out a way to do it.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The best thing you can do without a script is to report the total and sort the dice in ascending or descending order (add sa or sd to the dice string), to make it easier to count the successes manually.

Edited 1565827196
PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, I knew that was an option. I was just really hoping to make it cleaner and a little more 'automated'. I had considered trying to figure out a way to have it rolled so many individual dice with each die attributed as a value, counting and outputting the number of sixes, and then totalling the relevant attr's but I'm not sure if I can get that to work right either.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I am pretty sure that wont work.