Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E by Roll20 Sheet v. 2.7 (Q3Y2019)

Tracking Exhaustion can already be done. Just as an FYI.
When Toggling Jack of all trades the half proficiency is not being applied to non proficient skills when clicking for roll
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Carl said: When Toggling Jack of all trades the half proficiency is not being applied to non proficient skills when clicking for roll Double check. It changes the target number, rather than adding it as a bonus in the roll. I.e. if you have a +2 in Acrobatics, it should change it to a +3 (for example). This will show in the skill column of your character sheet, but won't show as a separate bonus when you hover over the roll results.
Does the 5e sheet use roll20's quantum dice roller or some other randomizer when rolling dice?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Quantum dice roller. Some API scripts use other randomization, but a roll done with a character sheet or chat command (same thing in this case) use the QDR.
Having a weird issue with the attack boxes generated in the Roll20 chat. As you can see, the main description box in the attack is indented on the right side when it should fill the whole width. I don't have any browser extensions active that can change this page and I am using just the character sheet associated with this thread. This has been like this a while, does anyone have any idea how to fix it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had marked this solution as deprecated in the Show Off Your Style thread since Roll20 appeared to have fixed the problem. Are you using the latest version of the D&D5e for Roll20 sheet? You had indicated elsewhere that the D&D styling was not your favorite, so give it a try. It will only fix the issue for your personal view, unfortunately.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Actually, the fix is much simpler. Use Stylus with this Style: div.sheet-desc.sheet-info {     width: 100% !important; }

Edited 1569795630
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mancer Level Up: Ability Scores Written Incorrectly when Adjusted by an Item Class(es) : Any Subclass : Any Race : Any Level(s) : Any Description of issue :  Use any character. Add an item which adjusts an ability score while equipped, ex: Gauntlets of Ogre Power. Normal Str is any number but 19. Str now displays as 19* in blue, indicating an item or feature is adjusting the score. Run the Charactermancer to level up. Expected behavior Strength score should still be its original score, but display as 19* in blue, indicating an item or feature is adjusting the score. Actual Behavior Strength score is overwritten as naturally 19. The original ability score is lost. Charactermancer thinks the adjusted score is the natural score. This behavior holds true for any ability score that has an adjuster applied, and occurs regardless of whether or not the ability score is manipulated during level up.

Edited 1569823905
keithcurtis said: Are you using the latest version of the D&D5e for Roll20 sheet? How can I find out what version of the sheet I am using? Isn't it updated automatically? As for the styling fix, it fixes the box that was indented before, but it causes an indentation elsewhere: (that is from the Global Damage Modifiers field)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I was just verifying that you hadn't done a manual install (since you are a Pro subscriber). If you used the regular method then yes, you are up to date. As for the other issue, I didn't test with all possibilities. It's just a matter of using the Inspector to find the css styles and add them to the definition: .sheet-desc.sheet-info, .sheet-rolltemplate-atkdmg .sheet-desc{     width: 100% !important; }
keithcurtis said: I was just verifying that you hadn't done a manual install (since you are a Pro subscriber). If you used the regular method then yes, you are up to date. As for the other issue, I didn't test with all possibilities. It's just a matter of using the Inspector to find the css styles and add them to the definition: .sheet-desc.sheet-info, .sheet-rolltemplate-atkdmg .sheet-desc{     width: 100% !important; } Yeah, I haven't used any custom character sheet or manually installed one. The new style has fixed it, thanks. Not sure why this isn't the default style though...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There was an issue earlier this year where this thing was happening. My guess is: A) They only fixed it for the D&D styling, B) Perhaps so few people use the plain styling that no one brought it to the devs' attention that this wasn't fixed for that option.
Thanks
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Version 2.712 & 2.713 Support was added for College of Lore Bards Ability Scores are now capped at 20 in the level up per the rules in the PHB.

Edited 1569966369
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I notice that the top post has been updated. The following reported Mancer Level Up bugs have not been added to the list: Clicking the info button next to a spell name does not result in the spell description being shown in the side window.   When adding a level where that level does not grant a spellcaster a new cantrip, there are garbage characters above the spell list .  When leveling up a warlock through the charactermancer you can not choose the Mystic Arcanum spells Ability Scores Written Incorrectly when Adjusted by an Item
Is there a way to configure the sheet so that rolls are performed using the hidden inline calculation, so players can't snoop the modifiers? [[ [[1d20 + 4]] ]]
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Keith,  Thanks for making that list. I'm still accumulating the new bugs reports. I added this list to the front of this thread.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I went through all the GitHub Issues and the issues report in this topic to make sure we've got those bugs or feature request in our backlog. As you may have noticed we have a UC team member dedicated to doing updates so we'll be knocking out more of these as we keep improving the sheet. Thank you for your patience and continual feedback. - Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead
i'm trying to add a character to a campaign that i joined and i cant figure out  how
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Benjamin L. said: i'm trying to add a character to a campaign that i joined and i cant figure out  how If you are not the GM, you cannot add a character sheet. Your GM should provide one for you to fill out. Some GMs and games have access to the Character Vault, meaning you could create the sheet and character in your own game and import it. You can ask about that, alternatively.

Edited 1570499020
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sheet Issue: Toggling Global Modifiers Display Adds Spurious Entries Class(es) /  Subclass : Any Description of issue :   If you toggle the values for the check boxes on the sheet settings tab, the sheet will add spurious entries for the following mod fields: Global Attack Modifier: adds a +1d4 Bless Mod, which is active, regardless of whether the character has access to the Bless spell Global Save Modifier: adds a +1d4 Bless Mod, which is active, regardless of whether the character has access to the Bless spell Global AC Modifier: adds a +1 Defense Mod, which is active, regardless of whether the character has a modifier to their AC Global Skill Modifier: adds a +1d4 Guidance Mod, which is active, regardless of whether the character has access to the Guidance spell Global Damage Modifier: Adds a blank entry. Not as serious as the first four, But since it can be manually deleted with no issue, it merely takes up space and clutters the sheet. These entries can cause confusion for newer players, since they reference and use abilities the character likely does not have. They are a nuisance for more experienced players, since they must be turned off or deleted. This only happens if you physically toggle the option on the tab. If they are on by default, the abilities are not created, but the blank fields are available for use. This issue is related to and exacerbated by the following issue: Charactermancer Issue: Charactermancer turns off Global mod toggles.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Charactermancer Issue: Charactermancer turns off Global mod toggles. Class(es) /  Subclass : Any Description of issue :  If you have your sheets set to automatically display Global Mods, Charactermancer will turn them all off after you have finished the creation process. If you toggle them back on manually, you trigger this issue: Sheet Issue: Toggling Global Modifiers Display Adds Spurious Entries
Not sure if this  has been asked, Is there a way to delete a spell from the spell list, I can add a spell but find no way to remove
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hit the little padlock button below each spell list. You can then re-order or delete elements. Full instructions here .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From the Update: Character Sheets: D&D 5e by Roll20: Land vehicles now drop with the Marine background Global modifiers styling was fixed Spell DC now updates correctly if using the variant rule for proficiency dice. What was the issue with Styling on Global Modifiers? It's not listed in the issues in the top post. Just the bit about not handling double digits on a crit.

Edited 1570554633
Initiative modifier displaying zero when should be positive. I noticed this in another GM's game and then when I imported a character into my game. Example, character has a +1 Dex bonus, but an initiative of Zero. I stumbled across the fix after clicking on the gear icon, merely clicking on the Initiative Modifier field, fixed the issue. After that, the Initiative correctly showed up as 1 on the character sheet and during a roll.

Edited 1570554254
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
D&D 5e Version 2.714 Bug Fix D&D 5e: Spellcasting save DC when using proficiency dice D&D 5e Charactermancer: Land Vehicles proficiency does not drop with Marine background <-- This should fix other similar blank proficiencies D&D 5e: Global Damage Modifiers CSS is off