Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Skills causing error with weapons, etc.

Hey there. So, I'm trying to create a custom character sheet based off 5e, but for a sci-fi homebrew that I created. Part of this is adding additional skills. So, adding the skills hasn't been too much of an issue (too much), but when I do, it kills the weapon, spellbook and inventory pages. I have no idea what's causing it, so I was hoping someone could take a look at it and see if they can work it out. I have no idea how or where to post the coding, so if you think you can help, PM me and we can discuss a way to get you the code. Thanks in advance AJ
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Pastebin is aa quick and easy option to share text/code, and a slightly better idea is  GitHub Gists where you can share several linked pieces of code, update it, and it gives the proper html highlights right in the browser making it quite a bit easier just check out in the browser. You could also share a link to your sheet-testing campaign so others can see in action what is happening to the sheet. (If you do, you should create at least one character sheet that is visible to "all players" and can be edited by "All Players" so it's easier to check out.) AJ C. said: So, I'm trying to create a custom character sheet based off 5e, but for a sci-fi homebrew that I created. Part of this is adding additional skills. So, adding the skills hasn't been too much of an issue (too much), but when I do, it kills the weapon, spellbook and inventory pages. DnD5E is a complex sheet, and it does a number of calculations in the background for many attributes, skills being among them. Did you include your new skills in any of the sheetworkers(at the bottom of the sheet), or did you just add the skills to the sheet's html? One alternative is to take a look at existing DnD5E-based sci-fi sheet like SW5E and see if it's a closer starting point for what you're aiming for. It would also be a quick and dirty trick to just rename(as in rename the skill in the translation file) some of the existing skills your game won't use.
OK, I'll get the code posted in one of those 2. The link to the sheet testing campaign is <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/3349397/_VQ0NA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/3349397/_VQ0NA</a> . That is a join link, so you'll be able to view it as soon as you click and there is a test sheet up. I'd really appreciate any help on this one as I would like to get this game running quickly.