Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help setting up DotMM

Hey, relatively new to using Roll20 and I'm trying to setup a game for friends... I've purchased Dungeon of the Mad Mage and created a game using it, am I mistaken or are all the monsters and NPCs not supposed to be loaded into position on the different layers automatically or am I supposed to do that myself? Thanks
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe I'm wrong but that seems a common mistake. You probably used the add-on on your game and it just adds blank maps and the decks. In order to get all the assets you need to create a new game using the module, you have to select it at the game creation page, at the right of the screen.
Yes so I did make an entirely new game after purchasing the module and selected it but still none of the maps have anything on them.

Edited 1566475539
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you add the add-on after creating the game? I've created a game whithout problems: Select the module at he right. Module selected with the proper character sheet Message that appears after hitting the I'm ready create game! button. Message that confirms module addition. Goblin Party awaits!
Okay so I went through and did it again and I think my mistake last time was that I also went and selected the map and deck packs too, thanks for your help.
If you bought the module, I do not think you need the Map &amp; Deck pack. If you bought both, you could email Roll20 at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and see about a refund for one of them.