Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using [ChatSetAttr], don't know how to provide charids

Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'd like to setup my character sheets to have a shared attribute (a party resource) between each other. I figured I'd make use of ChatSetAttr to silently send a message to all the player-characters whenever the value is adjusted. I could probably simply use --all since I will likely only have the player characters but it might be useful to know where I can get a character id so I can list them in my script. Some of the player's haven't settled on a character name but I'd like to have the script going. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Select a token representing the character. Enter into chat: @{selected|character_id} Don't forget that the leading dash is part of the id.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Is there a way to provide the character id as a hard value?
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm dumb, I just realized you were suggesting I do the command in chat. Thank you!