Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Bug Thread

Alex Winters said: You can apply changes to the Game Settings page to pre-existing NPCs/tokens in a campaign by changing it in the settings, then launching the game, navigating to My Settings, scrolling to Experimental Settings at the bottom, and selecting Apply Default Settings. You will be presented with a list of checkboxes for each Game Setting you have switched from the default (which means sometimes you have to change it then change it back to get it to show here, if the original setting is what you wanted applied to NPCs) That worked.  Thanks!  
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Descent into Avernus Patch 1.2 Adjusted spellcaster character sheets to better represent spell choice. Adjusted all character sheets to auto roll damage and crits.  Added human statblock for Thavius Kreeg.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Sage - There was a brief issue with the job queue that was preventing the addition of modules/addons into games. We have resolved the issue—you should just need to create a new game for modules or re-add the addon. I hope you have fun playing Descent into Avernus and please let me know if you have any further issues!
Hello, I got the module via giveaway code. When I want to create a new game, " For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a check mark icon appear over the thumbnail tile." This is not possible and instead a shopping cart icon is visible for the module, but its under my purchases and marked as owned when I look it up in the marketplace. Help appreciated, With regards.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hereticus - Hi there! Please contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> with your issue so we can get this resolved. Hopefully we can get you on the road to Avernus as soon as possible :)
Bel's Character Sheet is blank. Is this supposed to be fixed soon? I purchased the Descent into Avernus bundle for the compendium, so this is highly concerning.

Edited 1571856046
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dakota - To troubleshoot here, is this a stat block that you've dragged from the Descent compendium or one you're looking at in the Descent into Avernus module? We do not update character sheets dragged from the compendium once they are in a game, so the only way to update this content (which, to check, should also appear for you on this page ) if something has gone awry in the transfer is to delete it and re-drag from compendium. Please let me know if that works for you, and if you can see the content on Bel's page.

Edited 1571857655
This is the stat block from the compendium in my Roll20 campaign. I can see the content on the hyperlinked page. I tried deleting and re-dragging it, but it still shows up blank. Here's some further examples:&nbsp;
So I won a code for "Descent into Avernus" from a stream on DnD's twitch channel on Monday 21/10. I redeemed it and it shows on the marketplace that I own the module , but when I try to enable the module when creating a game I face the same problem that was reported by user:&nbsp;EndOfAllHope (and many other users) in mid September. When I mouse over the module to select it when creating a game, I get the "shopping cart" symbol instead of the "check mark" symbol and when I click on it I get directed to the marketplace page for the module.&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dakota - I'm able to replicate the issue now, and I'm having devs look into it. Axel - please contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>, who are equipped to handle giveaway codes and account issues.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Dakota - I think we have a fix! There was something not quite right about Bel's spells. Please delete and re-drag in again, and it should work for you now. Thank you for your report!
Thanks Ahston, I mailed them.
Everywhere in the adventure, Duke Vanthampur is called Thalamra, but in the handout picture, it calls her Thalam b ra

Edited 1571929005
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Edit: I didn't see Ashton's latest response. If that doesn't work, you can try the suggestion below. Dakota: Try verifying that you do not have multiple instances of a Bel Character sheet in your game. If there is a second blank copy, it can cause what you are seeing. Barring that, since you are a Pro user, you can create a second instance of the game and use the Transmogrifier to move the correct Bel character sheet into your existing game. The Transmogrifier will overwrite an existing copy, while a Compendium drag will not. I am seeing the correct sheet on my end, so I am assuming that the problem lies in something about the particular instance of your game, and not the module or compendium at large. A Transmogrify should clear it up.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Descent into Avernus Patch 1.3 Fixed typo in Duke Thalamra Vanthampur's handout
Hi! Just downloaded Descent into Avernus today to start my first game on Roll d20 and i get this error message: An error occured while adding&nbsp; Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Module &nbsp;to this game: * no implicit conversion of nil into String Should this be concerning?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Malcolm - Sorry to hear you're having technical problems! The fastest way to reach anyone on weekends at Roll20 is through the&nbsp; <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> &nbsp;email address or our help portal&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/help/" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/help/</a> &nbsp;as they're also better equipped to help with troubleshooting the issues. I hope this resolved itself, but please get in touch with us there if you're still having issues!
I'm looking for the artwork of the Ultiss, the Cultist of Tiamat that appears on page 27 of the printed module.&nbsp; I can't seem to find it in the Roll20 module.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Trey - That artwork appears as the cultist token in the module. It does not currently have a handout, however, which I will handle in the next patch. Thanks for the report!
Hey there. I have a game of DiA running and I have it set to "never whisper rolls" in the game settings. When I ran the first session all the rolls were whispered.&nbsp; I went out, double checked that it was still set up as to "never whisper rolls" again, then went back into games, went under settings and "Apply Default Settings," it doesn't give me the option to add it. I also tried changing the settings to always whisper, went in applied, (the option was there) and then went back out, changed it back to never whisper, went in and there was no option to apply that change again.&nbsp; Is anyone else noticing/having this problem? I prefer (and my players do as well) to see the rolls I make and it seems I will need to go in and do each individually. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Never whisper has been broken for a while. Try Whisper Toggle instead - it will default to no whisper, which is the behavior you want, while also providing a handy toggle for those rare moments when you might want to whisper. Even better, it isn't a broken option. :)
Got ya. Thanks Loren. Will try that!
In Under the Villa - V26, Thavius Kreeg by default is set to the "Thavius Kreeg - Amnizu" named NPC, rather than "Thavius Kreeg". That would be a very different encounter if the players try to take it on.&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Rob - thanks for the report, see below! Descent into Avernus Patch 1.4 Fixed placement of Thavius Kreeg token in Under the Villa and updated default token
I was setting up the Baldur's Bones macro as a token action but applied it is not fully functional.

Edited 1575951905
I have been looking at Descent Into Avernus and found, when creating a character, the Backgrounds are not showing up for DIA.&nbsp; The only one listed is the Faceless.&nbsp; Has this section been completed or was it missed?&nbsp; I have the book and see there were a lot of changes geared towards the city and character backgrounds.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Adam - Thanks for your report! I'll look into this when we make our next sweep for patches. For now, I recommend copying and pasting the macro again directly from the in-game handout and saving. Once completed, I recommend you do not open it again as that can sometimes break formatting within the macro itself. Heath - Thanks for playing Descent! Faceless is the only full background included in this adventure. The smaller changes made to existing backgrounds are included as handouts in-game.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, merging this into the WotC Bug Megathread ! Please direct any further compendium or module content bugs there.