Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Hero Quest Dice Mechanics

Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
I just took my Edge of Empire Dice and changed them to work with Heroquest. Its more complex than it needs to be since I left in a bunch of options from the EoED, but it works great! If you are interested here is the script. You need to be mentor of course to use it. :( <a href="https://github.com/morval/Hero-Quest-Roll20-Script" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/morval/Hero-Quest-Roll20-Script</a>... Easy to use. !hq #h #m or !hq #m #h "m" is for monster and "h" is for hero. The first one listed is the attacker and the second one listed is the defender. # is of course the number of dice to roll for each. And here it is in action....
where do i need to put it exacly i subd for mentor :) the lighting makes it complete
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
OK, not that hard, but if you aren't familiar with the API yet it might seem hard. Go to the main roll20 page of your game On the lefthand side click on API scripts Then you copy and paste the complete script (all of the text) into the black box Near the bottom you press save script. You are done. Then you open up your game and in the chat window type !hq h2 m3 and that will roll 2 dice for the attacking hero and 3 dice for the defending monster. If themonster is attacking just reverse them like !hq m4 h3 Thats it.
Unexpected token ILLEGAL Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Spinning up new sandbox... Unexpected token ILLEGAL now i get this i have typed this !hq 2h 2m !hq 3m 2h !hq 3h 2m !hq 2h 3m
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
You copy and pasted all 361 lines of code? You don't have other scripts running? Its working for me right now with that code.
ow ok now i see i will do this now brb
what do i type in thechat because if i type this !hq 3m 2h i get nothing only gm chat
script is in there :)
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
letter first and then number! :) I need to add error checking. ;) !hq m2 h2
ow ok it works now thanks a lot :)