Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Too much of the map is exposed for players when using Advanced Fog of War and Dynamic Lighting

Edited 1569858842
Too much of the map is exposed  for players  when using Advanced Fog of War and Dynamic Lighting  Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Load my lighting test game [Redacted Join Link] Open Ramlock’s Tower page Click on player token “Udihab Mobi” in the lower right of the map Press CMD+L to show the token view of the map Last week the token was restricted from seeing most of the map, now they can see almost the entire map. It appears they are seeing sections of the map revealed by monster tokens with sight. Resetting fog, didn’t help. Toggling Advanced Fog of War or Dynamic Lighting on the page or, Has Sight on the token didnt’ fix the issue. Nor did resetting my browser catch Description of setup Chrome 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 68.0.2 (64-bit) Browser Addons/Extensions: NA OSX 10.14.6
I've verified that removing "Had Sight" from the monsters, and then resetting Fog of War, removes the exposed portions of the map. This could be user error, but I swear last week when I set this up, the player view wasn't affected by monsters with sight.

Edited 1569858054
I forgot to include a screenshot. This is what the map looks like to the token after resetting fog. All areas not in the lit area around the token should be covered in fog of war.
Hi Mark, Occasionally there can be a discrepancy between the GMs view and what players see. If you create a new account and add it as a player (or have a player join in to check) and set up permissions, does this behavior persist?
No it doesn't persist in player view.