Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q4Y2019)

Something I've noticed recently - I was entering a cantrip manually and noticed that the automatic damage progression option for cantrips seemed to have been taken out.  The damage tracks properly for spells from the compendium, but not ones manually entered.
Adam F. said: Something I've noticed recently - I was entering a cantrip manually and noticed that the automatic damage progression option for cantrips seemed to have been taken out.  The damage tracks properly for spells from the compendium, but not ones manually entered. Also experiencing this. Is this intentional?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm. Here are screen shots of the issue, before and after the latest code push: BEFORE: AFTER

Edited 1577517606
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mogrit said: Hello, all of my characters spell sheets have been expanded since this i for expanding the spell has been added. This means that about 40 spell lists have been made unreadable until I manually close each and every spell. Can someone please tell me either how to fix this, or can it be hotfixed? This is an absolute nuisance. Cassie, this has been posted other places than here. Can we get an official response as to whether this behavior will be addressed/changed in future updates? I posted a workaround, but it requires API access.

Edited 1577555452
I'm having an odd issue with my NPC sheets - apologies if this is the wrong place to report it. For some reason, NPC spellcasters have their spell list crushed to one side of the window, out of order to some degree and very irritating to read through at a glance. This is occurring on Firefox, but strangely enough not on Chrome. Not sure if it's a setting I need to fix or what... Also seeing the same irritating "all spells start expanded" problem others are having.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Does the odd display continue if you increase the width of the character sheet? That looks like the behavior you would see if there is not enough width to display the third column.
That's what I figured too. It doesn't fix itself, no matter how wide I make it. Oddly, by going into Inspect and removing the margins completely from the .sheet-col element, it did fix itself - though now squished together horizontally, of course. Seems like the sheet body is fixed at a width that's slightly too narrow for firefox even if it's right for Chrome...? Which seems weird.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That does seem weird. Try loading your game in an incognito window, which should eliminate possibilities from extensions or user-specific chrome settings. Also, make sure your browser zoom is set to 100%
Howdy, i don't even know if this is posted in the right spot. This has most likely been covered but i couldnt find it...and i did look, so forgive me. Im new to Roll20, just bought PHB and was making character sheets. In both my Warlock and my Cleric, while using the charactermancer, it isnt giving me a dropdown option to choose, my otherworldly patron or my domain, but wont let me continue until i complete those subclass options. I dont know if im doing something wrong, if its a known but or whether there is an easy fix, but please let me know.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Make sure you scroll all the way down on each tab. Sometimes those things are "below the fold".
This sheet refuses to generate. It's been stuck there for 10 minutes.  I've rebooted machine, browser.  No other sites giving me trpouble.  Are there issues going on today? 
Jason F. said: This sheet refuses to generate. It's been stuck there for 10 minutes.  I've rebooted machine, browser.  No other sites giving me trpouble.  Are there issues going on today?  Hi Jason F. - If you haven't already, can you try creating a brand new character, re-test the issue, and let me know the results, please?
I am a Circle of Spores Druid, which is, of course, not SRD.  As such, I could not use the charactermancer (as far as I know).  Everything seems to be OK, except my spell slot totals, which are stuck on 0 for all spell levels.  My caster level is 5, and my class is Druid, so the subclass or circle shouldn't have much effect. I've looked into this issue, and see that many other folks have had similar issues, but there haven't been any fixes for it.
i was wondering if there is any way to collapse the spell description in my spell list 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
hammersnarf said: i was wondering if there is any way to collapse the spell description in my spell list  Click on the small "i" symbol, it collapses/expands the info section of the spell.

Edited 1577849761
Phenomen
Translator
When I filter Monsters by the source I get entries from other sources: 1) Volo's Guide to Monsters filter includes Creature Codex 2)  Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes  filter includes  Tyranny of Dragons  and  Eberron - Rising from the Last War 3)  Tome of Beasts  filter includes  Creature Codex  and  Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Edited 1577899360
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Confirmed. Other combinations do not seem to have this issue.  Obviously I didn't test as thoroughly as Phenomen. :)

Edited 1577915008
Phenomen
Translator
Item filter is totally empty and you can't even select a source or anything else
Phenomen said: When I filter Monsters by the source I get entries from other sources: 1) Volo's Guide to Monsters filter includes Creature Codex 2)  Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes  filter includes  Tyranny of Dragons  and  Eberron - Rising from the Last War 3)  Tome of Beasts  filter includes  Creature Codex  and  Ghosts of Saltmarsh Hey Phenomen - Thank you very much for the report! I was able to replicate these issues on my end as well so I've submitted them to our dev team for further investigation and resolution. Hope you're having a wonderful New Year so far! :)

Edited 1577926362
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
keithcurtis said: Confirmed. Other combinations do not seem to have this issue.  Obviously I didn't test as thoroughly as Phenomen. :) Hey keithcurtis - Thanks for the additional testing of this issue. It's much appreciated! I hope you are enjoying the New Year! :)
Moving report here: Mixedrandomj  said: Cantrips and spells for the original class count against artificer cantrips and spells, and cause problems with the number of spells availible. This is how it looks like when putting a level into both wizard and artificer for a character that is already a level 1 wizard. Same things happen when only multiclassing into artificer.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but multiclassing with artificer rounds up your levels for spell slots rather than round down.
Class(es) : Any two spellcasting classes. Subclass :  Race : Every one I've tried with Level(s) : Any multiclass between spellcasting classes. Description of issue :  So, essentially, every time I attempt to multiclass a character, ever since the latest update with the spellcards, I have had an issue where whenever I try to multiclass spellcasting classes, it fails to allow any spells other than the ones I already possess to appear. Sometimes it will allow spells that would be added by an archetype to appear, but that's it. Below, there is an instance of a ranger attempting to multiclass into Sorcerer and then below, a level one shadow sorc levelling into one level of druid. Any clues as to what's going on here?
Clonkeror said: Class(es) : Any two spellcasting classes. Subclass :  Race : Every one I've tried with Level(s) : Any multiclass between spellcasting classes. I am having this issue as well, when multiclassing the spells from the second class will not show up on the charactermancer.
hey, question, none of my players can even create characters. the charactermancer doesnt even apear to me or them. Help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you assigned the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet as the sheet for your game? Nothing else works with the Charactermancer. Also (though this would affect your players, not you) make sure you have Compendium Sharing turned on in that game's settings.
ive given characters to my players in the past. I gave them the right to see the character as well as I and "showed to players" as I have in the past and the charactermancer is not a tab I can click only the bio & info and attributes &abilities tabs can be clicked, last time i gave characters, I didn't have to change any settings, and I haven't even touched them for this game
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Double-check your game settings. If you only have the two tabs then this typically means that somehow the sheet has not been selected (or has become unselected).
thanks!
Will the lack of Warlock spell slots ever be fixed? I know there is a workaround that Keith has pointed out using spell slot modifiers but that is not ideal. Also, it is a pain to have to answer the "What level to cast" pop up every time you cast a spell requiring a spell slot.