Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Request- 5e OGL spell effects, auto saves,triggered sounds and saved templates.

Hi, I have bought an animation pack from the market place. which I would like to use.  currently I don't have any templates set so what id like a script to do is whenever a spell is a cast. id like it to auto-cast the animation and sound effect I want it to produce the right distance/ radius, cause autosaves to come upon enemies only (because I like pcs to roll and it saves time on a bunch of enemies) display the results as a gm roll, labelling the creatures hit and being able to reference which one was hit by scrolling a mouse over the number in the chat with a box outlining the target for reference. and having this set universally for all spell casting type NPCs/monsters. is this possible?  obviously I understand manually adding the animations and sound effects but id like the pre-generated templates to be pre-built so I can slot them in. this will make my dming easier and quicker and I want to give the players access to be able to drag them in or change on the fly either via producing the spell on their spell sheet or having a menu to click from or a token action that produces the effect.  can you guys help?

Edited 1570760516
GM Michael
API Scripter
I guess I could add placing AoE tokens to the pipeline for SpellMaster, though it's anyone's guess when I'll get around to that.  Though, as you indicate, it would be a very manual process to configure, and setting up SpellMaster the first time is already painfully manual because copyright. As for auto-rolling saves and applying damage, I believe there's an interaction of two different scripts that can do it, though I've never actually bothered to set them both up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Group Check and Apply Damage are the two scripts in question, and together they are a godsend.