Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting - Walls still allow player tokens through.

Hi friends I just started using roll20. I bought Dungeon of the Mad Mage and the $5 sub so I could use dynamic lighting.  So far I'm really enjoying it, but I have an issue where my players can move their tokens through the dungeon walls, even though the "restrict movement" box is checked in the game settings. I've also checked the "has sight" box for each player token, and given them the appropriate vision. There is a very large chance that my noob-ness has missed a key detail, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. Thanks for the help in advance. Have a good one!
Make sure the Walls you are drawing are on the Dynamic Lighting Layer of your map. This is a screen shot of my Dynamic Lighting settings for my map. These next two screen shots are a player's Token settings.     With these setting my players can't move their tokens through the walls I have set on the Dynamic Lighting layer. You can test if your settings are right by dropping a player token onto your map, click on Token then Ctrl + L, you will then see what the player sees and be restricted by the walls if everything is set right.
That's so weird. All of my settings are exactly the same as that. All the walls are on the lighting layer by default with the module, so I don't think that's the issue. Thanks for taking the time to reply. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are all players using either Chrome or Firefox?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Do all player tokens have sight? DL lines only restrict sighted tokens. 
The Aaron said: Do all player tokens have sight? DL lines only restrict sighted tokens.  Yes all of them have sight. All of them can move through walls, Which is why I thought it might be my settings, but it doesn't seem so. keithcurtis said: Are all players using either Chrome or Firefox? I'm not sure about this, I will check. Could using other browsers cause an issue like this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure. It's an unusual report, and since there haven't been a rash of user complaints, I have to assume it's a procedural error or due to an unusual setup.