Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sight unsaved on Character Tokens

Hi this is probably a silly, easily solved questions but its one of my biggest frustrations at the moment. Each time I drag a character's token out from the side menu, I have to give it sight. Everytime. Changing maps and such the tokens don't transfer over so whenever a scene is changed in my game I have to give all 5 tokens sight each time I put them out on the map. In general, token information not saving is throttling me so hard. I have the tokens assigned to the characters and the players can control their tokens immediately, but the settings I've set on that token are gone, such as sight. Any help would be appreciated as its very much slowing down game play and forcing me off dynamic lighting
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Once you set up the token as you would like it's default to be, open the character sheet and press the Edit button. Delete the existing default token in the Edit dialog box and set the selected token that you have tweaked to be the default token. You probably already set the default tokens for the characters, but any changes made after that will not change the default. Setting the default token must be the last step. It's akin to "saving your work."
I'll try this tonight. Thank you!