Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding HP bar for player token

Hi there. I can't find out how to hide hp bar 1 for a player token. I have the character sheet linked to the token and filled with current and max hp. I want players to see their current hp when they click on the token only in the green circle above the token, I don't want the hp bar to be seen at all times.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you have a numerical value in the current and max fields of a bar, the bar will display. This is not something that can be modified. You can remove the link on bar one, and only record the current value, and that would stop the bar display. The player would need to check their character sheet to make sure they were at full current hit points.
Spren
Sheet Author
It only displays the bar if you have a number in the max field. If you remove that it will remove the bar. Also the players won't see the bar unless you've given them permission to. On the second tab in token options there are some check boxes for what the players see. If it isn't checked your players won't see the bar, even if you do.
There is a very handy API - script for this very thing if you chose to go Pro.
Thank you all for your replies :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Spren said: It only displays the bar if you have a number in the max field. If you remove that it will remove the bar. Also the players won't see the bar unless you've given them permission to. On the second tab in token options there are some check boxes for what the players see. If it isn't checked your players won't see the bar, even if you do. Hadn't even considered that. After testing, it appears this is the rule: "See" on, "Edit" on - All players see bar "See" on, "Edit" off - All players see bar "See" off, "Edit" on - Only controlling player sees bar "See" off, "Edit" off - No players see bar, even controller
But the GM sees all the bars and that was my inital problem... :3
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I didn't get that from the first post. My first answer is probably better then. Don't put anything in the max field. You can look into some of the options that make the bar less obtrusive. I prefer the Compact, Bottom Overlapping position.
Indeed, that's what I did. Thank you!