Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API wouldn't start so cloned game, first attempt at using script spat out this error. Is this in my scripts or in the Roll20 back end?

Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again.  More info... For reference, the error message generated was:  TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'N' of undefined at apiscript.js:11:16 at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:154:1), <anonymous>:70:8) at checkForReady (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1441:12) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1521:9 at c (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:14:64) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400
The best way to find out which script is causing it is to disable all your scripts and restart the api, if the api starts up its generally not on the back. Then start to re-enable each script you use to find the culprit. Sometime disabling and re-enabling is enough to clear a state.  Script can conflict with each other, it may also depend on weather you are using OneClick installed scripts or if you are copying some code from raw that the copy and paste might have missed something. In any case this gives a foundation to start to track it down.

Edited 1573417489
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Got this from The Aaron a couple of years back when I had the same problem. If you run lots of APIs it can useful.&nbsp; Disable All Scripts Bookmarklet: javascript:$('button.active.togglescript').click(); Enable All Scripts Bookmarklet: javascript:$('button.inactive.togglescript').click(); Link to full thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6010439/help-me-understand-this-api-error/?pageforid=6010439#post-6010439" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6010439/help-me-understand-this-api-error/?pageforid=6010439#post-6010439</a>
FYI, it was the 'Latest' version of DLEllipseDrawer from the Roll20 library that was causing the error.