Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Update] GroupInitiative - Now with Dice Modifiers for the initial roll!

The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Honestly, that's what people usually do. It's easy to support for type shaped sheet, but difficult for the 5e By Roll20 sheet. 
The Aaron said: Honestly, that's what people usually do. It's easy to support for type shaped sheet, but difficult for the 5e By Roll20 sheet.  Thanks for the explanation! Yes, I understand that you're working to the constraints of the OGL sheet. Part of me now wishes I'd used the Shaped sheet for my campaign, but my players are only just now starting to get comfortable with OGL and Roll20 generally, so I don't want to change things up on them. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's a tossup between the two. The official sheet is more integrated. The Shaped sheet is more powerful, but now that it is no longer under development, it is slowly losing usefulness. The documentation recently disappeared entirely.
keithcurtis said: It's a tossup between the two. The official sheet is more integrated. The Shaped sheet is more powerful, but now that it is no longer under development, it is slowly losing usefulness. The documentation recently disappeared entirely. I didn't know it had stopped being under development. Even more reason to stick with the OGL sheet, then.

Edited 1592260115
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The creator hasn't seriously updated it in over two years(?) now. And only a maintenance pass in between. It still works very well for the most part, but even the author of the sheet recommends using the official sheet going forward.