Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Problems with background colour as a player?

Hi sorry I'm a really new player and not used to roll20 at all so I don't know my way around it very well. During the tutorial I changed my background colour to a bright neon pink and never changed it back to white - and now in the game I'm a player in, the background is a bright neon pink.&nbsp; I'm not quite sure how to change it back - I tried creating a testing game where I was DM and changing the background colour there but it wouldn't let me change the colour, and it was still pink in the game I'm currently in.&nbsp; I've also attached a picture of what my game looks like currently and I have tried following the advice in this wiki <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Settings</a> on the testing game but I'm unsure if I'm making a mistake in following the instructions or if there's a different way around this problem. If anyone has any advice that would be really helpful, thanks :)
1574368847
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post a screen capture of your page settings? That should be a straightforward fix, but it sounds like you are being obstructed somehow. Also note that the default page setting background color can be set on the game settings page (outside the game) and must be specifically updated in the in-game settings tab under "Experimental Features"
Hi thanks for replying :) I tried going onto the game settings page and changing the colour outside the game, but it already appeared as if the background was white there - I did try 'reticking' white before saving and rebooting the game but it was still pink. Inside the game, the page settings look like this.&nbsp; Thanks for your help :)
1574526340
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm assuming you followed the instructions on&nbsp; Applying Setting Defaults to&nbsp; Existing &nbsp;Content In-Game , but it's immaterial at this point, because the page settings don't seem to be the problem. It's possible you have a token on the board with a really huge pink aura, but the color looks too saturated for that. At this point, your best bet is to got through the gamut of troubleshooting steps to eliminate or expose any problems with the setup: Guide to&nbsp; Solving Technical Issues . Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome&nbsp;and&nbsp;Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable&nbsp;all&nbsp;add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through&nbsp; Step 4 .&nbsp; (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Brilliant thank you so much the disabling add-ons got rid of my problem! Cheers!
1574547112
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool. I like it when those steps work.