Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Phone app supporting character sheets and basic rolls in a game setting

My group and I do a lot of role play in a external chat app, because it is more convenient. Sometimes we need to do rolls for various things. While technically, I can open my character sheet in my mobile browser, it is rather clunky. It would be nice to have a simple app to do these rolls and post them to the game.  Example features Landing page with a select a game option Once game selected brings up the equivalent of the character tab Once a character is selected, it shows the basic rolls (using 5e as an example: main stats, ability rolls) At the bottom of this sheet it shows your most recent roll result. Maybe you can get a roll history. Maybe includes a chat viewer so the RP can go on in the game chat. This is an extension app, not meant to replace the tablet or online system. Don't really need the map or attack rolls because most of the out of session RP is downtime activity. I think this would be a welcome edition for the groups that can only meet for sessions once a month but do similar things that we do out of session. Might help keep more games alive.
A companion App like this would be amazing.  It would allow players to keep their sheets open on and do rolls directly from them. This would certainly elevate Roll20 beyond the realms of other VTTs.
Weirdly, the tablet app works on my note 9 (which I guess is kinda a mini tablet) but not on my S8+ (which is pretty much the same size). That being said, the login screen is clearly optimised for a larger screen, and skills etc are a bit hard to read. Even on tablet the app has been a little flakey, so I'm 100% behind a proper mobile app with zoom/scroll.

Edited 1574769359
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Roll20 is surely working on something related to mobile, they hired at least one person to do Mobile thing pretty much exactly one year ago. No info on what/when/how it will be like exist to my knowledge, but I'm pretty sure Roll20 is aware that character sheet viewing is one of the core functions people would want for one.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .