Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Glow pack?

I been searching the marketplace for ...well its not an animated pack to say...just....you know light glows...yellow..red...blue...white..you know for on street lamps and such or whatever. Is there any out there?
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I’m not aware of anything but this seems relatively easy to do. It would be a matter of creating a colored circle and making it semi-transparent and then sticking it over an existing item you consider a light source. If I get a chance tonight I’ll see if I can’t throw something together. 

Edited 1575031980
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Better yet, make a neutral coloured one with transparency then use tinting in the VTT to change the colour to whatever you need... 1 token to rule them all :) Side note, when I did this I also did a semi-circular one and a quarter-circle one for lights against walls and in corners.
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
I know Munky has an animated lighting effects pack that might be what you're looking for.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Nick S. said: I know Munky has an animated lighting effects pack that might be what you're looking for. I have torches and lighting effects in that set, though not anything designed specifically for glowing ambient lighting. Is this something you would like to see? I could create something like that if so.

Edited 1575244685
Mino
Marketplace Creator
In my experience, a large number of animated lights has kinda been a performance hog, so I've used them less often than I would've liked to. Additionally, I personally haven't used anything with colored lights because dynamic lighting is monochrome. I'm curious, what exactly is it you're looking for? If it's a matter of just making an aura of light in different colors, and maybe some sharp edges for being near a wall or something, it could be done easily. EDIT: While I'm at it, you specifically mentioned it being animated too. What are you thinking of in terms of animation? Flickering lights? Soft breathing lights? Volumetric lights with little dust particles floating in it?
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I was putting something rough together to illustrate what I think you're looking for and I came across something in my collection that might fit the bill. Russ Hapke has some transparent glows for torches in one of his Scene Additions ( <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1160/scene-additions-set-6-caves" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1160/scene-additions-set-6-caves</a> ) sets. I had already started though, so I just finished my mock up. This is a white circle that is 20% opaque (80% transparent) that I put over a campfire and brazier on the map above. The one in the center of the house is tinted yellow. I set them both to emit light so you can see them inside lit dynamic lighting. Some of the other marketplace authors can do a much better job of putting something fancy together in a set but I wanted to make sure this is similar to what you're looking for. Note: The mock-up map above was constructed using mainly Gabriel Pickard assets. I'm not certain on the author of the campfire and brazier.
Rainy said: In my experience, a large number of animated lights has kinda been a performance hog, so I've used them less often than I would've liked to.&nbsp; Same here, they are pretty but they cause far too much lag. A very undeveloped feature.
Mino
Marketplace Creator
Ravenknight said: Rainy said: In my experience, a large number of animated lights has kinda been a performance hog, so I've used them less often than I would've liked to.&nbsp; Same here, they are pretty but they cause far too much lag. A very undeveloped feature. Yeah. I love the idea of animating my tabletop boards, but Animations in general need a little bit of elbow grease before they're properly useful. I'm making a ton of animations hoping that eventually some of the issues will be fixed, like the performance issues, the lack of API control, bugs related to jukeboxes using them, the fact that tokens start skipping frames if there's more than 4 or 5 on screen at once, all of that stuff.
sorry took so long to reply...its xmas time..and im in retail :( come home exausted all the time. Anyway....like pulsing glows(like in the pic) of various colors..red,blue,green, etc.
heck they wouldnt even need to be animated...could just be like in that pic static.
Mino
Marketplace Creator
Kefrem said: heck they wouldnt even need to be animated...could just be like in that pic static. If you don't need an animated one, then the image Elemental Flame provided can just be color tinted. Click below his preview example, there's actually an image there, but it's white like the background. From there, you can import that as a token and color it in game. If you want an animated one with pulsing light, someone would have to go out of their way to make it. Wouldn't be too tricky, but they can't be color tinted, so someone would actually have to make all the different colors. I'll see what I can whip up at some point.
Mino
Marketplace Creator
I went ahead and made an animated lights and glows pack for ya. It's now available from this link. &nbsp;If you have any issues with it, send me a private message and I'll try to work it out with ya.