Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Bestiary only populating special abilities and content section of character sheet when dragged and dropped.

Using Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.  I have gone through all the steps to drag and drop a character from the bestiary to the VTT (find it in the bestiary, drag to table top, mark character as NPC, import the monster statblock) but the only block it autopopulates is the special abilities block.  Any ideas what's up with this? 
Using the Pathfinder bestiary and character sheet. 
Are you talking about Pathfinder 1st Edition, or 2nd? 1st is working for me.  Steps:  Find in Compendium Drag-n-Drop on a page (I use a dedicated "workspace" page for setting up monsters with tokens before placing them on a proper map) and ... done?  I am not sure what you mean by "import the monster statblock" ... it is already there in the Compendium Bestiary entries for 1st Edition. The monster entry has 3 tabs.. the first tab has the special abilities and description.. the second "character sheet" tab has the full stat-block content, and the third has the Attributes & Abilities you can reference. 

Edited 1575130509
Hi, Mark.  Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am using the first edition pathfinder sheet.  When I try to drag and drop from the compendium onto a blank character sheet, for some monsters, only the name and special abilities sections of the character sheets will auto fill.  This is the case for a human skeleton or a plague zombie for me.  Other monsters, such as an allip, will autofill correctly.  I follow the following steps:  * Create a new character sheet * Mark as NPC * Navigate to the bestiary and select the monster * Drag the monster into the tab that says "monster statblock import" * Hit parse As mentioned, this is not the case for all monsters.  The allip will import and autopopulate the fields just fine, but a skeleton will not. 

Edited 1575134371
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
There may be something about how it fills a previously created character sheet.  You might try without creating the sheet first. 1. Delete any skeletons in your journal (or rename them so it won't see what is in your journal as the same).  It won't overwrite any that already exist in your journal, so make sure you are starting with a clean slate as far as the skeletons go. 2. Drag a fresh skeleton out directly to the tabletop. (This should populate a new npc character sheet automatically.) 3. See if that populates the sheet correctly. 

Edited 1575139190
Hi, Kraynic. I followed your instructions step by step (deleting old skeletons/ allips), and the skeleton sheet still did not populate correctly.  I also tried your method with a monster which did previously populate using my method (allip) but it did not populate when dragged directly from the bestiary. I have also attempted clearing my cache and disabling all addons.  I have tried with every major browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) across two computers, and my problem remains the same.   

Edited 1575140737
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like something that should go in the bug report thread then.&nbsp; You should probably post there, explain what is happening, and insert a reference link back to this thread in case you miss something.&nbsp; The Pathfinder 1 bug report thread is here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7748121/paizo-pathfinder-first-edition-bug-report-megathread/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7748121/paizo-pathfinder-first-edition-bug-report-megathread/</a> Edit: Another question...&nbsp; Do you own the Bestiary on Roll20?&nbsp; I can't reproduce this issue, but I own the Bestiary, so this may only be a problem with the SRD.
There is no tab "Monster Statblock Import" on the official Roll20 Pathfinder sheet.&nbsp; Is this using the Community Sheet? That sheet does not work with the "official" content licensed to Roll20.. only the Roll20 sheet works with purchased content.&nbsp; There was a similar issue in the Bestiary bug report thread where the user was confident that he had set the game to use the official sheet, but that proved to be incorrect and the game was still using the Community sheet.. so I would suggest checking that to be sure.&nbsp;

Edited 1575154296
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I can confirm that PF 1e Community sheet's drag/drop only works with the free srd compendium. (bestiary, items, spells, etc.)&nbsp; It's not compatible with the Paizo products found on the roll20 marketplace. ;-(

Edited 1575154202
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can drag/drop monsters from the roll20 srd compendium into the Monster statblock Import box on the NPC tab(enable in sheet settings), or manually enter and parse...&nbsp; BTW: You can also use the PFC script to import text-based monster statblocks...&nbsp;
@Mark, yes, it turns out, I am using the community sheet.&nbsp; That does explain it.&nbsp; Thank you all for your help.