Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Looking for a DM for new players(some experience)

1575902809

Edited 1575966559
There are 4 maybe 5 of us that are in need of a DM because we lack the skills and knowledge to run a game. 18+ we all know each other and we are all goofballs so prepare. I don't really know how this works exactly but if you have a story already made on Roll 20 we would be down to do that adventure as to not have to put much time into this. We have characters and what not but if you have any requirements then we can make changes or roll new characters. CST timezone. 5e. Biweekly most likely on Saturday nights or Sunday. Looking for somewhat of a campaign but don't want to dive head first into the deep end before i know what i got myself into. Definitely not looking for someone strict but we dont always joke around. it doesnt have to all be combat, we like some RP. Looking for some heroic high magic action.
helpful information for a prospective GM would be: Your timezone and maybe available timeslots. schedule. weekly, biweekly, switching days? Preferred system? or totally open If you arent fixed on system, prefered genre if any? oneshot, fewshot, campaign?
Also clarifying whether you are looking for paid vs free games (or open to either) helps too.
Teilchen has a proper list above of what to look for, but I'll add a few other things as well. Serious / Goofball / Something inbetween campaign style? Style of GM? Keep us in-line and on task or "we like to run amok!"? Combat heavy? Tons of RP (roleplay)? High magic/fantasy? Low Magic? Real world style? Hero's? Villians? "I do it for the $$"?
I love working with new players. Here is my requirments or agenda?? anyway.. I DM a 2e campaign, currently on Roll20. The players have lots of laughs, and fun, while I reign them in with the seriousness of their situation. We would love to welcome some newish players to our group. We meet on Roll20 and in person, On Saturdays at 6:00 central time zone. This saturday however, we will not be meeting due to my Grandchildren will be running amuck. I do try to keep all my players informed of game day changes. I give plenty of advanced notice, and sometimes, I get called into work without any notice, and make sure my local players let the others know of changes. We have a facebook page dedicated to this campaign world. So if your interested just give me a shout, and I will give you some links.
I run a 5e Urban Fantasy setting. See me on Discord for interview, @ Cid Silverwing#8184 :3