Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dead in Thay - maps include traps and secret doors. Who to shield from players?

Hey, the Dead in Thay maps are amazing and I could not play this module with my group without Roll20. I have one issue - on the maps the trap doors and secret doors are displayed, so even as I reveal areas using fog of war the players can see them. Is there a work around that I am missing or a way to reveal these maps to users without showing them the secret doors and pit traps? Thanks for your help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Could you indicate where a secret door is displayed? You can use room numbers to avoid spoilers. A quick test showed the secret doors being marked by symbols on the GM layer, invisible to players. You can test this quickly by reducing the opacity of the GM Layer to zero in the layer tool flyout menu in the toolbar. If you slide the slider all the way to the left, they should disappear. If you really want to test, you can create a dummy account and log in under that to see what an actual player's experience would be.
I’ll try this tonight!! Thanks for the idea!