Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creature Codex

Pulled out a Battle Mage.  Only the stats came out.  No abilities or spells.  :(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Couple of questions: What sheet are you using? Did you already have a character sheet called Battle Mage in the game?
shaped sheet for 5e which is up to date.  No I did not have another battle mage in game. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That was my suspicion. Shaped Sheet is a little out of date for recent Compendium data. It's a community-contributed sheet that hasn't been touched in something like 7 months. There are some things to try, though. 1) With the Battle Mage sheet open, try dragging and dropping the Battle Mage compendium entry onto it. (like you were going to drop it on the board, but drop it onto the open sheet. That might complete filling in the data. 2) Create a utility game using the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet. Import the character there, and then use the Transmogrifier to move it into your Shaped game. The OGL import features of the Shaped sheet might handle the conversion. If neither of those work, you might be out of luck. Kryx used to update that sheet regularly but seems to have backed away from it.
Thanks I will try.  On a side not I haven't switched to the roll20 sheets since it hasn't allowed all my stuff to transfer over and I have 5 years worth of stuff to do.  Any secrets on a easy convert sheets over?  My players would lose there characters in the switch. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you haven't already, you could try making a copy of the game using the by Roll20 sheet.  That will show you exactly what would translate over.  Then, if you decide to make the switch, you can make the changes there while the game runs on the current sheet in the original game until you are ready to switch over.  

Edited 1576093492
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I switched from Shaped to Roll20 sheet earlier this year because I felt that the sheet was headed toward future compatibility issues (like above), and my players preferred the simplicity and Charactermancer integration—I greatly prefer Shaped personally. I had to pretty much rebuild everything. I do have a script that the Aaron pieced together out of arcane bits that will at least go through and convert abilities to use the OGL roll templates instead of Shaped, at least for the simple stuff (mostly chat macros—the combat roll templates won't work.) Select the character token of the one you want to convert and enter !swap-templates into chat. Work with test characters first, of course. on('ready',()=>{ const regex = { template: /{template:/, shapedTemplate: /^5e-shaped}/, title: /{{title=/g, text: /{{(?:text|text_big)=/g }; const translateTemplates = a => { let text = a.get('action'); if( regex.template.test(text)){ let parts = text.split(regex.template); text = parts.map(p=>{ if(regex.shapedTemplate.test(p)){ return (p .replace(regex.shapedTemplate,'npcaction}') .replace(regex.title,'{{rname=') .replace(regex.text,'{{description=') ); } return p; }) .join('{template:'); a.set({ action: text }); } }; const changeAbilities = c => findObjs({ type: 'ability', characterid: c.id }).forEach(translateTemplates); on('chat:message', msg=>{ if('api' === msg.type && /^!swap-templates?\b/i.test(msg.content) && playerIsGM(msg.playerid)){ msg.selected .map(o=>getObj('graphic',o._id)) .filter(g=>undefined !== g) .map(t=>getObj('character',t.get('represents'))) .filter(c=>undefined !== c) .map(c=>{ sendChat('',`/w gm Adjusting Abilities for: <code>${c.get('name')}</code>`); return c; }) .forEach(changeAbilities) ; } }); });
Awesome.  Thanks.  Will try this out.  I agree I like the shaped sheet better, but see it becoming extinct in the future.

Edited 1576093535
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Wait. Wrong script. I have edited. Sorry for the confusion.
Ok. Thanks I had used on a copy game and it didn't work.  Will try the new one.