Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Help with custom ability Macro

Hello, I'm looking for some help making a macro for a custom ability in a 5e game. The ability lets me cast a spell but instead of the effect happening right away, it is stored in my weapon. The weapon gets a bonus to attack and damage equal to the spell level stored in it. Additionally, when the weapon hits, the spell damage will also hit the target. What I'm looking for is a drop down menu that will let me pick a spell and a level, and then it will roll an attack with the bonus based on the spell level. Then it will roll damage based on the weapon damage, spell damage, and spell level that I selected. What's possible here? Can I make this macro reference spells in my character sheet or will I have to enter them manually in the macro itself? Will I have to write a macro that changes every time my proficiency or attack modifier changes? Can I reference a specific weapon in my character sheet (I will probably exclusively be using a great sword to attack). Thanks for the help
Just keep in mind that macros have no logic functions - no IF/THEN type decision making.  You need to work out how to code your macros so you make all the choices.  There are API functions that can do more automation, but your GM has to load the APIs into their game, and be a PRO user to make use of APIs in the first place.
1576917846

Edited 1576918027
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This would be much easier to program as a chat menu . The macro would produce a clickable list which appears in the chat panel, each button of which could call a different character sheet ability.