Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5e] Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus Campaign - Sundays 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC

Edited 1578817749
Lex
Pro
Date: Sundays Time: 1:30 PM EDT / 12:30 PM CDT / 17:30 UTC Length: 4 hour sessions <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20201121T1330&amp;p1=179</a> I am a GM looking for one player for my Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus campaign. I have GMed thousands of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I've recently run successful Tomb of Annihilation and Lost Mine of Phandelver campaigns for 5th Edition on Roll20. One of our players had to drop from the campaign because they were unable to get a sitter for their kid. The party is level 5 and has just finished up the Baldur's Gate section and ready to smash into Hell, so the best part of the hardcover is still to come! Many GMs skip the entire Baldur's Gate section of the adventure, so joining us means you'll still be in for the full experience! The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&amp;D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription and Legendary Bundle that grants players access to digital versions of every book. It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 via PayPal each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Why Join My Campaign? Click here to see pictures from my other campaigns! You should consider my campaign because... Custom handouts - dozens of handouts made in Photoshop and pulled from the web make the experience more immersive. Custom tokens - I make tokens for NPCs in Photoshop and have made over 800 (!) for my various Roll20 campaigns. Copious battlemaps - I love using the best battlemaps I can find for every important encounter. Scenic pictures - I use evocative images for locations whenever they don't need a full battlemap. This helps establish the feel for the place you are visiting. Dynamic lighting - This is one of the best features on Roll20 and I use it extensively. Dungeons come to life as you manage your torches and carefully peak around every corner. I have macros to quickly swap light sources as needed. Watch your step! Music and ambient soundtracks - I provide a mix of musical scores with ambient tracks overlaid. Macros and Scripts - I use a number of macros and scripts to make the experience more streamlined and eliminate some of the tedium. Tracking arrows, spell slots, and concentration saves. I write many macros myself and can help with custom macros if the players need them. D&amp;D Beyond access - You'll get free access to every book on D&amp;D Beyond including their character builder. Background An entire city... gone. The holy city of Elturel sat on a bluff upriver from Baldur's Gate and was home to the blessed followers of Torm, Helm, Tyr, and Amaunator. Mounted paladins of the faith called Hellriders could be seen setting out from the walls to defend the lands of the Sword Coast, while farmers from the outlying Fields of the Dead would bring their harvests in for sale in the city's marketplace. A beautiful garden lay in the center where trysts and song and merriment flourished. From the Dock District in the flatlands with its markets, stockyards, and citizens, to the High District built on rising slopes with cobbled streets and tall houses, to the High Hall itself on the cliff overlooking the river... all gone. Baldur's Gate is now in the throes of a refugee crisis. The Grand Duke was on a diplomatic visit to Elturel when the city disappeared and has not been seen from since. The Flaming Fist is doing all it can to keep the peace (and earn some coin), but terrible cultists have been using the turmoil to enact their own plans. The streets are stained with blood. People are afraid. They mourn the loss of their friends and family. And they're scared of what will come next. Campaign Features The campaign is structured and focuses on combat and exploration but with much role-playing as well, especially in later parts. It begins in Baldur's. The Flaming Fist has been having trouble with cultists lately and the city is in need of help. I'd estimate the campaign to last 9-18 months. My estimate could be off by a fair bit, but I want to give players some idea. For a refresher on D&amp;D 5e, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation Characters start at 5th-level. Point buy, no rolled starting wealth. Homebrew and third party content are allowed subject to GM approval and modification. All official options are available with the following exceptions. There is no PHB+1 rule. Races with flying at level 1 are not allowed (Aarakocra and Winged Tieflings). Yuan-ti Pureblood are not allowed. Multiclassing is subject to GM approval and is discouraged. The following 8 feats are not allowed: Crossbow Expert, Great Weapon Master, Lucky, Polearm Master, Resilient, Sentinel, Sharpshooter, Spell Sniper. I have all the sources on D&amp;D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&amp;D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. So please get in contact with me after joining the campaign so you can build your character in style! Character Background When creating your character background, you should tie them in to Elturel, or Baldur's Gate, such that you would not want one or both to come to harm. Perhaps you had family in Elturel or grew up there, or your mentor lived there, or your love of Baldur's Gate would spur you to protect it should the need arise. Your character should also be assumed to be a member of an adventuring party along with the other PCs, but if that doesn't work they could find themselves forced into a group by the Flaming Fist and meet for the first time at the start of the campaign. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I use the money to purchase new RPG adventures, source books, supplement, maps, and the like. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing

Edited 1577031238
Lex
Pro
I'm still looking for a player! Here is the landing screen I made for&nbsp;the game

Edited 1578791642
Lex
Pro
Still looking. Here's some pictures from my Journey to Ragnarok campaign. It's a D&amp;D 5e setting based on Norse Mythology.
Still looking for one. Here's a custom map I made for my Fallout campaign.
Anyone interested in a one-way ticket to Hell?! Here is the custom landing page I made for CoC
Still searching for one! Call of Cthulhu custom made handouts
As the player who had to drop, I cant recommend Lex enough. One of the best GMs I've played with.&nbsp;
Tower said: As the player who had to drop, I cant recommend Lex enough. One of the best GMs I've played with.&nbsp; Thank you very much for the kind words!

Edited 1578791629
Lex
Pro
We're having a session tomorrow and still looking for one! If you're on the fence, let me know your thoughts. Here are some handouts and the landing page I made for a Fallout campaign I ran.
Still looking for one player to refill the ranks for this incredible campaign! Custom tokens I made for my Star Wars Edge of the Empire campaign:
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience: been playing D&amp;D for 2 years and love playing healers and comedic relief characters. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? playing characters anyway i want. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? the forum. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? looking for a group for sundays and would like to play descent into avernus. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? yes&nbsp; 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? yes
Still accepting applications!

Edited 1579316642
[PAID] or [P2P] should be in game headline.
Still looking for one player for tomorrow!
Still hopeful to find a person that might not miss their soul!
Looking still for one more.

Edited 1579663273
Hello! 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I've played pick up games in 3.5, Pathfinder, 5e, and DMed Pathfinder and Warhammer 40k. I'm a pretty laid back person and looking for a cooperative&nbsp; experience, I don't find a lot of joy in PvP or misaligned parties. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? What I enjoy the most for my own character is the customization and progression. The big payoff I get from the party is collaborative problem solving with unique skill sets. I love the mechanics of TTRPGs and the story lines tend to breathe life into those mechanics. A good story undergirding a mechanically robust encounter is wildly entertaining. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? Forum 4) What made you pick my LFG post? Your preparation and experience tells me the cost is likely worth it. The campaign is estimated to be a year or more, probably, and I'm interested in a long term experience. I do want to have it run every Sunday and the time slot is perfect. Everything seemed to line up for what I'm interested in. Baldur's Gate is a beloved part of the franchise, I'd like the chance to run it. Combat appears to be structured, with the grid maps, and I vastly prefer that to theater of the mind. 4 hours is appreciably long without getting burnt out, I can still do something with my Sunday evening. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? Sure can, in fact that's what I'm looking for, a long term campaign and party to play with. 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Sure, $10 per 4 hour session each Sunday is more than agreeable. I'd pay $10 for a good two hour movie and I all I get to do is sit there. I'll happily pay for a robust, interactive fantasy experience.
Still accepting applications!
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience My name is Inti Velásquez, I'm a 23 year old male. I work as a web developer and love listening to music and playing videogames on my spare time. I'm respectful to other players and accept the DMs word as final without causing a scene or doing any type of rule lawyering. I like to joke around but will get serious when the situation calls for it, and I want to meet people through their characters and build great relationships with both through great adventures and roleplaying. 6 months ago I discovered D&amp;D thanks to some friends and immediately fell in love with this game and the endless possibilities it gives the players and the DMs to experience expansive worlds and meet new people. These 6 months are pretty much all the experience I have with roleplaying games though I've learned a lot since I DM'ed for my friends. My group fell apart as my friends lost interest in the game, so I have more recently started joining games as a player. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? As I said before it's the freedom they provide to explore our wildest dreams and ideas, be it in just character concepts or complex interweaving stories. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? I found it through the forum 4) What made you pick my LFG post? I've always wanted to play this adventure and I'm looking for a group of commited players who just want to have fun. The time of this game seemed convinient for me and then seeing all the effort you put in the post just motivated me to want to join and see how much more effort you must put into your games. 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? Absolutely, so long as the rest of the group is also respectful and commited to such a campaign to have fun and play through awesome adventures 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? I've never payed for like subscriptions and the like before discovering D&amp;D so I'm still getting used to it, and I'm sure that's the only reason why my brain is telling me it might be a bit expensive, though I'm positive once I see all this effort you put into the games I'm going to be absolutely fine with paying it, so for me it's a Yes!
Still looking for one player!
One slot is still open!
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience My name is dontae and ive been playing DnD for about 6-7 years give or take, I love rpg games in general but there is no other experince like DnD; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? The improvising and team building 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? The directory 4) What made you pick my LFG post? I like the depth and time you obviously put into it 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? As long as the agreed upon time is set or if were one to change, everyone would still agree upon it. 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? yes
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience. &nbsp; &nbsp; My name is David, and I'm 28. I've been playing MMOs since about 6th grade. Ever since then, I've loved the idea of RPG style games. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Unfortunately, at that young of an age, I was forbidden from playing D&amp;D style games as they were the "devil". As I grew, I continued to play more &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;MMOs, including WoW. I always had a fascination with tabletop games though. A few years ago, I re-discovered D&amp;D through Critical Role. Ever &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;since then, I've been watching their campaigns and trying to learn more. About 2 years ago, I was lucky enough to finally start my first D&amp;D &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;campaign, and the rest is history! 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? &nbsp; &nbsp; Tabletop RPGs give you much more freedom than any computer RPG. Granted: they are often quite scripted still. However, you can still really do &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;whatever you please as long as it's within reason. The personal interaction between someone creating the game for you while you give your input is &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;really special, especially when you have a great storyteller DMing. 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? &nbsp; &nbsp; The directory. I was searching for games starting soon, and I happened upon your game! 4) What made you pick my LFG post? &nbsp; &nbsp; I picked your post because you seemed to have a lot of experience with Roll20 and seem to genuinely want a good experience for your players.&nbsp; 5) Can you commit to a campaign for 9, 14, or even 18 months? &nbsp; &nbsp; I can commit to any length of time. Let's make it 24 months! 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? &nbsp; &nbsp; Absolutely. It's reasonable to pay for good content.