Hey there! I'm Archie and I'm looking to run a one-shot of this crazy system called SPELL as a sort of test run in case I get the chance to volunteer as a GM for a one shot at my university's tabletop society this semester. Primary Disclaimers: A) I am entirely new to GMing and furthermore to Roll20, so expect only the bare minimum of competence, hopefully made up for by enthusiasm. B) Due to the relatively insane nature of the system, moments of gritty seriousness in this one shot will probably be fleeting. Expect the hijinks to absolutely be galore. C) SPELL as a system relies on anagrams and therefore a pretty solid grasp of the English language and its intricacies. I'm not going to turn people away with much readiness but if spelling is far from your strongest suit, this might not be for you. D) I am putting this together in the last remnants of my holidays on pretty short notice, so be ready for a relatively ramshackle experience. Gameplay: The system is Googleable, but the basic pitch I've come up with is that it lies somewhere on the line between wild magic and Scrabble. To make that a bit more sensical, you cast spells here by taking a determined number of random letters and spelling them out into some sort of concept that will aid you in your goal. For example, in an attempt to fight off an onrushing enemy you could receive the letters: U V U N A S S O N S O R E I C And piece together the rather spectacular "ICE NOVA", or perhaps "SUN RAVENS" to summon a congress of blindingly bright birds as a distraction. On the other hand, a roll of just I A O M O S L G might seem like not a lot to work with, but working out that you can cast "SLO MO" out of it would put you in a rather advantageous position. The system allows a huge amount of room for creativity and unintuitive problem solving, which is what drew me to it. Setting: As for the setting, I'm going to try and keep it relatively basic for my first foray into GMing. You will be a small group of "Speakers", those who innately can read the universal language, captured and now being shipped for experimentation by an organisation you know only as "GRANMAA". The session shall entail your attempted escape from this imprisonment. I will be happy to answer any further questions from players on my discord. Session Date: I'm still on holiday so I'll be able to run the game on a different day if necessary, but the time I'm currently assuming is Saturday 11th, around 7-10pm GMT. This is entirely flexible though, as long as you'll be able to do some time in the British afternoon. Characters: Spell does not have designated roles as other systems might, and though there do exist distinguishing details such as attributes called Impulses and memorised spells, I would prefer to go through those directly with you once the group is established. For the most part you can genuinely play near any type of character you want, possibly not a completely human one, but keep in mind that I probably won't be allowing you to do anything extra just based on this decision. As for personality, I'd rather you base your characters attributes on their character and not the other way around, but if it helps the list of impulses is: Calm, Daring, Feeling, Focus, Force, Grit, Hope, Reason, Renown, Scheme, Style, Trust There are a lot of these, 12 exactly, but you'll only get 12 points to divide between them. You do not need all of them and it is not recommended to spread out one point to each as you will have the ability to use nearly any of them to solve a given problem. Some may be more fitting for the situation and benefit from that, but for the most part they should just reflect how your character goes about dealing with issues they confront. That should be about all I need. I'm looking for somewhere around 3-5 players so please PM me your discord name or add me at ctg #4386 on it and message me there. Lastly, I'm completing new to Roll20 so if I've missed something important or done something wrong here just let me know, I'd be happy to fix it.