Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Include Dynamic Lighting Layer in Move Menu

When using dynamic lighting, I use those lines to block vision/movement and offset the lines half way into the wall tiles so that the wall textures can be seen.  When I have a secret door on a map, I hide it as a normal wall and use my normal dynamic lighting lines to complete the misdirection.  Once the party discovers the secret door, I delete the wall tile and move a door tile from another layer.  Because many of my doors reside along the edge of my tile squares, I need to 'remap' the dynamic lighting lines to follow through the new position of the door as opposed to going through the center of the wall tile.  It would be extremely handy to be able to move such 'remapped' lines from the GM's layer to the dynamic lighting layer. 
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
While this suggestion does have some merit, there is a fairly painless way to do it right now. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Advanced_Shortcuts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Advanced_Shortcuts</a> There's a command here to move a selected object to the dynamic lighting layer. Just not a right-click option.
Thanks much.&nbsp; That will make running a game a lot easier.
Sorry, was logged into Big Brother, thanks again.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .